S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty

Reaction score
Hi guys new member from Manchester UK. Been a member of the forum in the states a few years was hoping for more local advice thanks

Hi I have a gen 2 13 plate motorad colours i used it for touring and track days but I have a gs rally now so the rr just gets used for track days and the odd Sunday blast . The bike has done 54000 miles but just had a new engine fitted !

The bike had been running sweet even with the high mileage still getting 192bh at the wheel. But basically on a ride and the spark plug failed dropping the electrode and a bit of porcelain ! But because I still have it serviced by BMW the part ie the plug was under warranty so with a bit of negotiations with BMW and a small contribution from me BMW stood most of the bill presumably claim it back off the plug manufacturer ! ! Result for me it's just had its first service ?

Yeah thanks it has to be said though hats off to BMW if it had been any other manufacturer or local garage i think I'd have been shown the door ! ! It does help having bought 2 RR s and 2 GS s and they've done all the services and any work they have been very helpful

Back