Father Christmas Letters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
So I know we are all older and don't need letters (or emails/whatsapp message to Mr Claus) but has anyone given their other halfs a list of goodies for them to get them for Xmas this year?? Or anything that you have treated yourself to??

So I know we are all older and don't need letters (or emails/whatsapp message to Mr Claus) but has anyone given their other halfs a list of goodies for them to get them for Xmas this year?? Or anything that you have treated yourself to??
I bought something and the missus wired me the cash. Christmas as an adult. Yey.
You'll have to wait till the 25th to know what it is.

#notagen4sadly

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bought myself this for Christmas and decided to start on it last night.

6766c6d46473235c2d437a4f4f44b32a.jpg

Treated myself to a 2021 metallic storm Gen 4, which looks like collection will be delayed by covid restrictions.

But the Mrs is getting me Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, so least I can play with it or watch some VR YouTube racing videos haha.

Hennessey XO is really nice stuff.. I used to drink pints of Brandy and Coke on holiday and get absolutely hammered, sickened myself with it now I don't touch it. Could only ever drink it with Coke ...I must have 4-5 untouched bottles in my cupboard.

Can't see you drinking it with a mixer Andy..

Maybe we should have a daily pic of this bottle... see how long it lasts lol

Maybe we should have a daily pic of this bottle... see how long it lasts lol

Ok lol. Not every day because I try and have a few days off the sauce here and there. But I did nail it again last night ooops. No mixers for me, just straight up.

090287c4dad02c4d55c28c6dbe66fc2f.jpg

Next tasting will be Wednesday.
I think it?ll be gone by 2021 lol.

I've never gotten into Cognac, is this 'the one' to try?

EDIT - FM that's some price...is there a good starter Cognac to go for?

Last edited:
I've never gotten into Cognac, is this 'the one' to try?

EDIT - FM that's some price...is there a good starter Cognac to go for?

There's literally dozens of good ones. I'd recommend trying a taster set and see which ones you like best. I'll be going for something else next time for a change.

FYI I was never into spirits like this per se until about 2 months ago when I found an old bottle of cognac in the cupboard I brought back from France over 10 years ago. For no particular reason I fancied a 'stiff drink' at the end of the evening. It was very nice. After draining that I went through a selection gift taster set (https://www.masterofmalt.com/tasting-set/xo-brandy-tasting-set/)
I was given last xmas which was nice too, which got me to the stuff I am on now. I don't doubt that the events of 2020 have helped me acquire a taste for the brown juice but I find it more enjoyable than drinking pints (of beer) now.

Ahh yes I got one of those taster sets with Japanese Whiskey's for my last birthday. Good idea.
I'm ending way too many evenings with a triple of fire water on ice of late. But it's less bloating than beer!

The Courvoisier XO looks a little more reasonable for a treat...

Last edited:
Damn that's a nice bit of kit - mine is camera related but as I don't have the Solo2 there's no point in the Smartycam for now.

cant wait to give it a go,the latest RS3 beta s/w incarnation is heavily built around the smartycam/ECU logger options,some of the things it can do is very cool.

Dads got me a "Knee down course" for July for the both of us, Here's hoping I can actually go on it :p

My wife has hopefully ordered me a Jamie Whitham track training day at Croft for early June next year. I treated myself to some BarkBuster hand covers for my Ducati Scramber Desert Sled and a 2 Ltr camel pack for few those days out when it is warm. I was finding myself seriously dehydrating when out on warm afternoon rides and I would get some serious cramp issues in the hamstring area which required a serious fluid intake - at least a litre of water to make them go away. I also treated myself to some Autoglym Snow Foam cleaner and the appropriate attachment for the Pressure Washer. - Oh my word it works brilliantly, spray it on as snow foam, leave it for 10 minutes, rinse it all off to get rid of the dirt and then wash it as normal without the grit and dirt present. Fabulous finish and so quick and easy too. I had a ride on Saturday, green lanes on my Scrambler and tried it for the first time.

Last edited:
Back