New Brake Callipers, Recall?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank-RR

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard this, the sale of Gen4 has been suspended until February because, there is new brake callipers being fitted and a recall?

Been a recall for 9000 bikes effected across the range since August 2020....My dealer (Cotswold) are usually very on the ball but personally I haven't heard anything yet.

Been a recall for 9000 bikes effected across the range since August 2020....My dealer (Cotswold) are usually very on the ball but personally I haven't heard anything yet.
I thought the recall was US only?

Hilariously yanks think they are getting MRR calipers because the wording is 'replaced with an improved' caliper. When the just mean the new seals.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Marc, thanks for that info, i got this message, There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0061440000

It will need to wait until spring now

Does anyone now what that code means

Mine comes up with the same. 0061440000 is something about "Retrofit the scuff guard for the cable harness" (translated from Spanish), still not sure what that's all about!

Mine comes up with the same. 0061440000 is something about "Retrofit the scuff guard for the cable harness" (translated from Spanish), still not sure what that's all about!

Mine had that recall done. It?s some wiring at the front and just needs some extra protection from rubbing against other components. It?s not safety related and my dealer informed me it could wait. I had it done when my brake levers were fitted

Sounds like the gen 4?s have the same rubbing issue with the wire harness under the tank mount as the gen 3?s?
Was that ever widespread or recalled etc? (Gen3)

My Gen4 Hockenheim Silver Sport has leaky callipers (Aug 20 bike) - only covered 249miles so far. Being recovered my BMW roadside assistance from home to get them checked and hopefully replaced under warranty.

Be new seals mate, they won't change the Calipers..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

am sure they will change the calipers if required, I would expect them to try the new seals first tho as they did with mine. Which worked a treat by the way

Daz

Actually, according to my dealership it depends on the batch. Some just need seals, some a full caliper replacements (although if it's not an early bike then probably just seals).

They've changed their tune somewhat.. to be fair if seals do the trick I'd be happy with that... pitty theres no choice on Caliper makes, the Gen 4 caliper is unexciting to look at..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In the states they are under the impression BMW will be switching to Nissin calipers to replace Hayes.

Some (bonkers) folk immediately decided they were get M Calipers from the MRR...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back