Under Suit options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Does anyone wear an undersuit, I've been thinking that the mornings in Almeria may very well be a bit chilly, also for ease of taking a one piecer on and off.. be interested in who wears what.

Cheers

I wear 2 piece 151's

Rob

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

151 is a piece of carp. I'm thru 3rd set of pants. they disintegrate at hips as its cheap material made in China.

Best pants are Alpinestars or Dainese.

Base layers are a must imo. Easy to dry after getting sweaty is another bonus.

My EDZ and Forcefield have lasted well but I fancy an Alpinestars onesie next.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

dont want to be overly negative about 151. I emailed them after 1st failure, they sent me a replacement, but I had same problem with it.

i just wear cheap compression tops+shorts.cheap as chips on ebay.lasted me for years.

Alpinestars ride summer techs In red for me.... helps with holding dad bod in place when putting the suit on

I?ve had Alpinestars and Dianese, but I like under armour stuff as they seem to make getting leathers on a little easier. Possibly a wee bit more sweaty though.

I?ve had Alpinestars and Dianese, but I like under armour stuff as they seem to make getting leathers on a little easier. Possibly a wee bit more sweaty though.

I have a bunch of their compression tops too, work well and cheap. I want a one piece (which they don't make) but I may opt for more of their gear in the future.

I went two piece for ease....the material is so think so doesn't matter about the over lap...also helps when you need a toilet stop

The lack of openings for a bathroom break is annoying on base layers and leathers...not sure wtf they are expecting people to do.

The lack of openings for a bathroom break is annoying on base layers and leathers...not sure wtf they are expecting people to do.

I remember meeting Foggy at a WHS book signing event (when I worked at their hq) and read that on one race he just pee'd down his leathers...since that day I always thought its so easy for Dainese riders as their leathers go on the outside of the boot.....whereas alpinestars we would just collect it....

Not that i've tried it...lol

2 piece for me, squeezes the dad bod in to a leather-esq shape and wicks a lot of the sweat keeping the leathers fresher for longer!

I've had an RST top for a couple of years now and works well and seems to be holding up, leggings have been a bit hit and miss, currently dianese, but these are cut for the Italian gentleman... they nip a bit in key area shall we say!! :highly_amused:

Tempted to try the 4SR stuff.

Base layers essential at Almeria in winter/spring. Track is high up in mountains. It can be 20C at the hotel (on coast) and 11C at the track in March.

I have two-piece Helly Hansen merino baselayers. Last set lasted 9 yrs, replaced last year. Also have a Dianese 2-piece that is very flimsy & rips easily - I don't recommend. Bought 2nd HH after the Dianese.

I tend to use my snow and rock ski base layers, normally just top half, last well and keep you warm enough

Back