Riding other bikes/Full comp

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the details for this?
For example:
I fully comp a 600cc motorcycle, Am I able to ride a 1000cc motorcycle 3rd party if that is fully comp?

What is the minimum restrictions to do this? Does the CC size also have to be the same? And is there are minimum CC for the bike I am insured on to ride a 1000cc? Or price?

Cheers

Providing you have riding other bikes entitlement, there are no (usually!) restrictions as long as you are entitled to ride that type of vehicle. i.e. you're not on A2 licence. It would normally be noted as an exception/endorsement if this is not the case

You?d need to check your terms and conditions. Usually as it?s only 3rd party cover and the bike itself isn?t covered you are able to ride a higher powered bike.

I think that the main restriction on this common freebie is that the bike must not be owned by you. So that stops you buying and insuring a 600 for pennies, then riding your own 1000 3rd party, for free!

Cheers for the replies. So could technically have a 125 in my name and still ride a 1k 'o_O?

it will say on your policy, fully comp can normally ride other bikes as long as there insured by there owners, but your only 3rd party covered. its not all ways this way so you need to check your own policy.

It should specify whether you can ride a borrowed bike.

My previous policies for Duc Multis and Supersports said I could ride other bikes not belonging to me. The policy for my RR specifically says I'm not covered to ride anything else. Bit bizarre really...this policy cost me ?1k because it's not garaged, even though it's in a secure compound. The same with my Ducs but the were only c.?350

Make sure 100% you've got cover for anything you ride...it's not worth the risk.

Last edited:
Very doubtful have insured a few 125s and just insured a 350 ktm all them policies on smaller cc bikes have said I can't ride other bikes

Yeah, you can't ride another bike that you're also the legal owner of on a single bike policy, you'd need a multi bike poilcy. If you had a partner who had their own insured bike you could ride that on your single bike policy but only 3rd party and with their permission.

Last edited:
. If you had a partner who had their own insured bike you could ride that on your single bike policy but only 3rd party and with their permission.

Only of your insurance states you can ride other bikes. I was saying all the smaller cc bikes I've had policies for ( separate polices at different times) have all stated i cant ride other bikes

Back