Bmw lithium charger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupracing

Reaction score
I?ve just bought this for my new s1000rr, the new s1000rr doesn?t have a socket for it And the lead that came with it are just crocodile clips. I want it permanently connected to the battery like the optimate leads. Will I have to butcher the supplied lead or do they make converters? I have no idea what this connector is so any help would be appreciated

I?ve just bought this for my new s1000rr, the new s1000rr doesn?t have a socket for it And the lead that came with it are just crocodile clips. I want it permanently connected to the battery like the optimate leads. Will I have to butcher the supplied lead or do they make converters? I have no idea what this connector is so any help would be appreciated
I imagine you hoped to upload a photo - but I can't see anything!

jesus thats an expensive (and fairly useless without the remote lead) charger.

but,easy fix is just buy a set of "optimate" style leads off ebay,cut the cigarette plug off and solder the lead onto it,making sure to get +/- correct.

on the charger,the open end of the optimate plug (as in the male/metal prong) is +,and on the bike,the female is +.dont get them mixed up or can short when on the bike if it touches anything metalic

or the other way,just cut off the croc clips and connect to battery with a couple of eylets crimped onto the wires...

Agreed expensive but I got a discount when purchasing the bike. Thanks for the tip, was hoping to not have to get the soldering iron out but may end up going that way

Noco - Very good charger. You can use them on Lithium or lead batteries. I have the 4 bank charger in the garage using 120/240 voltage converter. Keeps 4 bikes happy in 1 go, 2 lithium and 2 lead at the same time. I also use several of the genius1 on the other bikes/batteries. I also have the super charger in case something goes flat. Just clip it on and away you go. They come with lots of different extension cable, croc clips and permanent battery connections with inline fuse. Highly recommended.

Hi guys,

These retail at ?116.00 and by the time you add shipping the total is coming out to ?117.55 from that link! These are very good chargers though and If anyone is interested in getting one of these chargers I have plenty in stock and can supply to UK address for ?98.60 including VAT, free postage (excluding highlands and islands, additional delivery fee will apply [sorry]) and of course the S1KRR forum 15% discount. No doubt I can squeeze a wee bit more if more than one going to same address.

PM me, email me at [email protected] or give me a call on 01242 335355 (working reduced hours at the moment between 0900-1500 Monday-Thursday) if you want one of these chargers or if there is anything else I can do for you all.:encouragement:

Kind regards

Nick
01242 335355

I thought the same so I bought the socket it fits into and and made a bracket and fitted it under the seat. Mine has a tracker so it will need to be on a charger whilst it's not used.

Back