2010-2014 rsv4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Heyyo

Anyone got any experience with these bikes? Really want one in the new year after a bit of saving...Maybe will be 2022 but am in love the look and sound. Just hoping for comparisons from any previous owners compared to 2015 s1k?

Cheers

Last edited:
test rode one and too small for me, BM much nicer, would look at tuono factory though

You'll fit fine. (Good to see you back online).

Been a horrible few years financially, due to my own stupid mistakes so myself to blame ^_^
Good to be back on the forum with a lot of familiar names and faces. Hope to stick around in my efforts in saving for a new bike and hopefully more ride outs, Looking really forward to it. Just hope all goes to plan!

Been a horrible few years financially, due to my own stupid mistakes so myself to blame ^_^
Good to be back on the forum with a lot of familiar names and faces. Hope to stick around in my efforts in saving for a new bike and hopefully more ride outs, Looking really forward to it. Just hope all goes to plan!

Glad you're back on your feet and looking to the future. FWIW I think the Ape would be a great idea but do look and ask on the TAF FB Page https://www.facebook.com/TheApriliaFactory/ wrt to common issues, parts availability and costs.

test rode one and too small for me, BM much nicer, would look at tuono factory though

I?ve test rode the factory Tuono earlier this year and it?s a very nice bike. Excellent value for money at the moment and the sound track is amazing. If the deal had been right on the day I might have bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Felix ! Sold my '15 S1k in Jan '18 and bought an RSV4 rf as interim step for the gen 4BM. I'm 6'2" and to be honest it's not good for my size lol. Running it in (Jan/Feb) was a right ball ache, sooooo small for road riding,and never had such wide chicken strips due to the weather lol. However, come the good weather, at Portimao I was 2secs quicker than on my beemer. It's never been as comfortable for me although it ticks all the boxes on track. It's a different animal and, yes, awesome soundtrack, even have my 'spanish ' can made lol, Am looking to change back to the BM (because of my length :welcoming:) just need the right deal.

It is very good in the track but had reliability issues. I believe from 2017 and on they had most of their problems solved.

Cheers for the replies everyone. I'm only 5'9 have not been blessed genetically height wise haha. So I hope I would suit. Have one question. A lot of people are saying the 2015+ are the ones to go for, due to an extra 16bhp and it being lighter....But sadly doubt I'll be able to afford ?10k....this year....
Would you guys buy the 2010-2014 for july or save and wait for the 2015 ?

Cheers for the replies everyone. I'm only 5'9 have not been blessed genetically height wise haha. So I hope I would suit. Have one question. A lot of people are saying the 2015+ are the ones to go for, due to an extra 16bhp and it being lighter....But sadly doubt I'll be able to afford ?10k....this year....
Would you guys buy the 2010-2014 for july or save and wait for the 2015 ?
Hi Ben, I would save and wait...

Good to see you back on here.

Cheers Phil.

Going to save for the 2015 me thinks. ?10k needed....Roughly ^_^

Is what I'm saving for now. A 2017+ with the blipper and the TFT dash.

26% of the way there ^_^
I?m selling mine, with loads of extras and standard stuff

crc track fairings

gilles chain adjusters

ackra can and race map

extra long and short can

v02 and comp k scrubs

carbon fibre parts

fork, swing arm,engine protection and frame slider

rad and oil guards

brand new m7rr just been fitted

its got more stuff I?m sure

Is what I'm saving for now. A 2017+ with the blipper and the TFT dash.

26% of the way there ^_^
Hows it going Felix.. long time no hear mate, they are cracking bikes but pretty small as everyone says , probably good for your height tho, I stood next to one at Motorrad Dalkeith when my bike was in for a service and couldn't believe how compact it was.. it looked an unreal bit of kit tho...get one bought !..

Stu

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back