2021 TT Cancelled

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the Diamond races will go ahead on the Isle of Wight. The pandemic should be over by October you would expect.

I wonder if the Diamond races will go ahead on the Isle of Wight. The pandemic should be over by October you would expect.

It's being held so late in the year that it should be ok.
If it doesn't it'll be the nimbys get their way and not covid.
We used to have a world championship mx round here on the island. The course was seen as one of the best, but a few noise complaints got that axed after 2 years.
Generally its the older gen (and we have plenty of them here) or people with second homes that spend a few weeks here.

I don't have much to do this week and reading this made me think of doing a day trip to look round IOW and the Diamond course... a quick trip to Wightlink ferries has changed my mind on that. ?57 return feels like a cheeky price for such a short sail, wonder what that'll goto for the race week... it is a bit less for bikes but it's just too cold...

The daft thing is the Southern 100 is still going ahead with fans in attendance. Head in hands.

I personally don't think the IOW race will go ahead and it's daft to hold it in October.

I don't have much to do this week and reading this made me think of doing a day trip to look round IOW and the Diamond course... a quick trip to Wightlink ferries has changed my mind on that. ?57 return feels like a cheeky price for such a short sail, wonder what that'll goto for the race week... it is a bit less for bikes but it's just too cold...

?57 is bloody cheap.
We don't get it much cheaper and only by block buying 10 crossings at a time so works out ?54 return anytime.
Holidays, weekends, and period return (anything other than a day return) you'll be paying 3 to 4 times that. The ferry companies have us by the curleys and the council/politicians are in with them.
There's a freedom tunnel moving on FB trying to get the money for a feasibility study. But again the island is split and a lot of opposition. Unbeliverbly some residents have never set foot on the mainland.

?57 is bloody cheap.
We don't get it much cheaper and only by block buying 10 crossings at a time so works out ?54 return anytime.
Holidays, weekends, and period return (anything other than a day return) you'll be paying 3 to 4 times that. The ferry companies have us by the curleys and the council/politicians are in with them.
There's a freedom tunnel moving on FB trying to get the money for a feasibility study. But again the island is split and a lot of opposition. Unbeliverbly some residents have never set foot on the mainland.

Sounds like the ?Island? of the USA. 72% of Americans don?t hold a passport. Nothing stranger than folk.... anywhere in the world.

The daft thing is the Southern 100 is still going ahead with fans in attendance. Head in hands.

I personally don't think the IOW race will go ahead and it's daft to hold it in October.

Agree, knowing the course its bonkers, but it was chosen to coinside with the end of BSB. A lot of it is through single lane farmland with a lot cover which is dodgy in the summer. I certainly wouldn't go through that section much above the speed limit. And its not a straight section, very twisty.

?27.50 each way cheeky?? Where have you been living the last 50 years ? lol There is lots of great places there to visit out of TT season...
Been 4years in a row, money well spent for the enjoyment we seek, yes Steam Packet screws your nuts, but , sale and demand, if the demand is there.... All I can say is money well spent for what we love, I've not come across anything quite like it lol.

?27.50 each way cheeky?? Where have you been living the last 50 years ? lol There is lots of great places there to visit out of TT season...
Been 4years in a row, money well spent for the enjoyment we seek, yes Steam Packet screws your nuts, but , sale and demand, if the demand is there.... All I can say is money well spent for what we love, I've not come across anything quite like it lol.
Lol
Ricks refering to a 6 mile crossing to the isle of wight, not isle of man. Steam packet could learn a lot from our operator's to get the coin in.

Last edited:
Back