New to BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellorp23

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to my HP4 carbon being delivered on 3/12. I agonised over which version to get however being honest my ability isn't going to be pushing a superbike to it's limits these days. A cheaper Gen1 was on the cards as prices are affordable, then I considered the merits of the Gen4 and even the M. But I went for something in the middle and the HP4 was my choice. Maybe not as good as the later bikes but I wanted something a little bit different without breaking the bank. My 954 has exited the garage to make way.

I've owned, ridden and raced a lot of bikes in the last 45 years, my current crop (of mainly 2 strokes) is being culled to make time and space to ride the HP4. Will the HP4 change my mind and see off the last of my 2T's. Only time will tell.

All I need now is an opportunity to ride the thing.

Hi and welcome to the forum, I have a feeling your nickname is familiar - are yo perhaps a member on the YamahaR forum?

Hi mate @ welcome... did you punt the Blade ?... loved mine and had it for 5 years, at times I wished I'd never sold it.

You'll get great fun out your HP4 still a head turner 7 years on particularly the Carbon model...you really don't see that many about..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes the 954 has gone. I never really got on with it. I much preferred the older version. I test rode the original blade 1995 ish and didn't like it as it was too slap happy. I did buy the 2nd gen version in 1996 and I went absolutely everywhere on it. Most of it on 1 wheel !!!!

It's missing some decals :-(

50678459513_1ebae751e6_o.jpg

Nice, looks a clean unit

Decals are 130 quid, easy to place as they come templated . Dealer will supply you with a copy.

I done my spare Carbon belly pan with new decals them lacquered it over.., also bought ventureshield which I've yet to apply..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I?ve got a set of unused genuine bmw decals I could part with if your interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back