Genuine BMW Motorrad Tank Bag For Gen 2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Genuine BMW Motorrad Tank Pad For Gen 2

If its the tank bag on the metal rails then no issue whatsoever. Mine did 24k miles trouble free

If its the tank bag on the metal rails then no issue whatsoever. Mine did 24k miles trouble free

Did it leave any marks/scratches on the tank cover?

The small one I have scuffs the clear coat of the tank cover, I need to place a micro fibre cloth on it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The small one I have scuffs the clear coat of the tank cover, I need to place a micro fibre cloth on it.

Is this the genuine BMW bag you?re talking about?

The OEM Gen1/2 tank bag sits over the airbox cover, it doesn't rub.
The Wunderlich is the best alternative but it rests on the airbox cover directly, whilst its material grips well when dry, it moves when wet and can scuff the lacquer. I had to have @budgie renew my carbon cover because of it.

The OEM Gen1/2 tank bag sits over the airbox cover, it doesn't rub.
The Wunderlich is the best alternative but it rests on the airbox cover directly, whilst its material grips well when dry, it moves when wet and can scuff the lacquer. I had to have @budgie renew my carbon cover because of it.

I take it the metal fixing is raised off the air box with rubber washers?

I prefer the BMW Motorrad Tail Pack - stable even riding in a spirited way. Hey ho one for sale :)

Is this the genuine BMW bag you?re talking about?
Just seen this sorry. It's a Wunderlich bag I have, as Alex said it sits on that plastic tank cover and scuffs the clearcote, easy sorted tho with microfiber cloth.. great wee bag, 2 seconds to attach/dismount when out and about and holds everything you would take for a daily blast..it's splashproof and no chance of it working loose.

Theres two small screws you detach and replace them with equivalent screw in posts the bag clips on to, it's secured at the front with a velcro loop..

bce0231f739007d9fd18b22d64cec135.jpg

Last edited:
I?ve got the same tank bag and I?ve had no issues with it at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have the winderlich tankbag I had on my gen3 was going to adapt it for gen 4 but got a new one, never had any issue with slipping when wet or scratching. (Must remember to put it up in the for sale section at some point)

Daz

I too have the Gen 2 bag and metal bracket, which were fitted to the bike at its running in service by the dealer. It's been fine, although I think you are screwed if the metal lugs on the bag break, as one of mine did - I just bought another bag... but if anyone knows how to fix those metal lugs I'd be interested to know as I still have the bag.

I've just sold a 2017 S1R and had been using the Wunderlich bag on that - it can store more stuff, I prefer the lower and wider profile on the tank when riding, and is probably easier to carry off the bike because it has a decent handle. I also haven't experienced the scratching Alex reported. Over the winter I am going to experiment with removing the bracket and seeing if the Wunderlich will work on both bikes (got a new S1R) - I need to see if the paint has been damaged by the bracket, which doesn't look as if it has any rubber washers.

Last edited:
Back