S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently deliberating trading up my Gen 3 to a Gen 4, there's some great info in the Gen 4 garage for new & potential owners.

Looking forward to become a regular contributor! :victorious:

Ooo argghhhh....welcome Pirate. Are you looking at the sport/msport/ or the M for the gen 4??
First choice would be a test ride? Have you done one yet and if so what were your thoughts?

Have fun exploring the Gen 4 section...ask away

Thanks Marc

I?m looking at the sport only for the fact I tour Europe for 2-3 weeks every year (this year being the exception for obvious reasons) and I hear the M seat is quite firm & have minor reservations regarding the carbon wheels for touring!

My preference is Hockenheim silver & I have been looking at performance package add-on with forged wheels, lithium battery, etc.

No test ride yet although I guess not to easy with closed showrooms, etc, but with my Gen 3 I did just taken the gamble & bought without a test ride and wasn?t disappointed!

The seat is very hard and tbh one of the first things I did was get a standard sport seat. I think my rear was just out of training from having not ridden for a while.

hock silver is a great choice. Where about are you from? Hope you get a good deal from the dealer. Our forum membership allows discount on accessories at two dealers... pm for more info

I'm near Oswestry on the welsh borders in north Shropshire, so local dealers are either Wolverhampton or Chester.

Not too many silver ones advertised at the moment, but yes I hope I can find a good deal too! :)

Good to know about the membership discount once I'm in a position to look for accessories, I'll no doubt be in touch.

Jeremy

Back