Cost of Vinyl Wrapping Track Fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone got a ballpark for the cost of getting a custom design, created and fitted? Thinking about a refresh.

?450 from sublime. For the best effect make sure the fairings are painted underneath.

Hi Alex, I?ve had a few gen 3s wrapped. Unlike a car wrap they generally don?t wrap the entire thing and leave fairly sizeable gaps between the decals. Crc gel coat as we all know can be a bit underwhelming so I would definitely paint first. I think the wrappers don?t like gen 3s because of the amount of detailing they have to do on the side fairings. I?ve seen some stuff that chalkies decals do and they always look a little less busy than sublimes. But it does offer the benefit of helping to protect fairings in a scrape.

I tried a couple of local firms near me who weren't really interested.
?800 was this lowest price.
Because vinyl was so complicated on a bike i thought about hydro dipping, but knowone near me so gave up in the end.

My thoughts were, CRC are awful to paint, need a lot of prep. Could I wrap it to avoid that. Clearly not.

If I had sponsor etc then it would make sense to wrap to do them justice. But for a 2-3 colour design it's not worth it.

Like said above, you're looking at 4-500gbp for a decent wrap from Chalkies or Sublime
If you can get logo decals yourself, you could get the whole thing painted in a nice colour scheme with Logos under a lacquer for similar money if the fairings are new and don't require hours of prep

My mate had his 2020 R1 track bike with black CRC fairings wrapped as a Monster MotoGP Bike. ?400. He's a well known wrapper, up north. His name escapes me but can find out.

IMG_2752.jpeg

That looks awesome! Be interested to know who the guy is. I have two sets to wrap my "Road fairing" and track fairing.

Back