Hi everyone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert

Reaction score
I`m a Norwegian guy living in Oslo. Not a owner yet, but are reading all information I can find. At this point, things to be aware of, and things to look for is more of interst.
at the moment looking at a 2018.

Welcome Robert. Fire away with any questions - I myself have a Gen 3, Euro 4-spec, 2017 which is the same as the 2018.

Thanks for the welcoming :)
the bike im looking at right now is one the bank is selling, so history is not available. About 10k km on it, and service lamp is lid. Else its looking good.
Are there anything particular I need to look for to reveal misstreat, or bad maintainance?

Best regards

When you say service lamp, do you mean the yellow warning light or it says 'service' top right?

The yellow lamp could be on for any relatively minor to major issues. i.e. it can be on if DDC is disconnected (because it has Ohlins etc) or the exhaust servo is unplugged because it has a decat.

Hi.
The yellow warning light is lid, and the display say "SERVICE MAY 2019"
It might just be a reminder of a service long overdue?

Hi.
The yellow warning light is lid, and the display say "SERVICE MAY 2019"
It might just be a reminder of a service long overdue?

Yes it can be that simple.

If you can visit it you could use a GS-911wifi to read the codes. They are quite handy to have during ownership so a good investment.
Otherwise take the bike to the dealer and have the codes read immediately.
I assume there's a returns policy if you find the bike is broken?

I don't usually get any lights with the service reminder on my Gen 2. Worth getting in writing that you want to diagnose reason for warning light before accepting it finally

If you have registration number BMW should have a record if it has dealer service history.

Back