Best all tyre

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning guys,

Rear on the bike needs changing but with more wet days than dry at this time of year what all season sports tyre do you recommend?

I've previously only ran the bridgestone s2* range which are generally adequate but looking for more wet confidence.

Cheers

I've always found the metzeler roadtec series good for all year round riding. I'm no track rider, so I can't speak for their grip at big lean angles, but they've filled me with confidence in all conditions. There's a new 'sportier' version and then you progress on to the sportec stuff - m9's have a good rep.

In the Sport-Touring category (arguably most appropriate for this time of year)
I think Road 5?s are excellent, though RoadTech 01 SE?s are supposedly very good too (the older version were great).

In the all-round, road biased sport category, I would go for M9RR?s.

Last edited:
I?d recommend Michelin. I considered power 5?s, but went for Road 5?s in the end.

i would go m9rr's but over them i think i preferred the earlier m7rr's if you can still find any.

Why did you prefer the M7RR's over the 9's?

Yes there are some M7RR's still on sale. I have them on my Streeet Triple and they are fine but then I never push on.

Why did you prefer the M7RR's over the 9's?

Yes there are some M7RR's still on sale. I have them on my Streeet Triple and they are fine but then I never push on.

i think its just in my head, for wet theres more cuts that go to the edge of the tyre on the 7's so look like they would clear water better, also more movement allowing to warm quicker due to more cuts. most likely just in my head.LOL

Back