Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New member

  1. #1
    Standard Member Stu675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    20
    Thanked: 0

    New member

    Hi, I’m Stuart currently riding an MV Augusta Brutale and a Honda NC750X which I used to tour Europe last year with my wife on hers. My username reflects affinity to Triumphs, had 3 Daytona 675s, the first I put 40,000 miles on and a Street Triple, my wife is on her third. Always had a soft spot for the S1000RR I had one for the day to marshal a bicycle race in London. Think it took me until 9am before I had been pulled over by the Police before the race had started!

  2. #2
    Standard Member Zxcv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    340
    Thanked: 101

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu675 View Post
    Hi, I’m Stuart currently riding an MV Augusta Brutale and a Honda NC750X which I used to tour Europe last year with my wife on hers. My username reflects affinity to Triumphs, had 3 Daytona 675s, the first I put 40,000 miles on and a Street Triple, my wife is on her third. Always had a soft spot for the S1000RR I had one for the day to marshal a bicycle race in London. Think it took me until 9am before I had been pulled over by the Police before the race had started!
    Hi Stuart, I love the 675, awesome machine, like riding on rails! However, I’m far too old for them there handlebars alas or I’d be on one now..
    The S1 is however the best all rounder I think. Plenty of Gen3’s around and they’re awesome to tour/track/weekend blast. You buying or just tempted?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zxcv12 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    LIFETIME FORUM MEMBER stuartb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dumbarton, Scotland
    Riding
    HP4, ZX10R,F3 800
    Posts
    7,096
    Thanked: 2343

    Re: New member

    Welcome mate.. I bought an F3 800 4 weeks ago, sat on it for 2 minutes and haven't turned a wheel on it yet, it's sitting in the garage with a cover over it till I finish up this ZX and I can get it up on my lift and ventureshield it..

    How do you like the Brutale man, I'm presuming its the 800 same engine as mine, the litre is a mean mutha of a bike..

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stuartb; 21st November 2020 at 06:42 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Forum Admin soofsayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    York
    Posts
    6,623
    Thanked: 2533

    Re: New member

    Also interested about the brutale experience, they look the business.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Forum Moderator Oli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Essex & Aberdeen
    Riding
    2020 M-Package
    Posts
    3,154
    Thanked: 1309

    Re: New member

    Welcome to the forum Stuart.

    I had a Daytona 675 R before my first S1000RR. They are fantastic bikes, the engines are absolutely superb.

    S1000RR’s are amazing bikes, so incredibly versatile and competent. I think you’ll be very happy with the decision should you decide to purchase an RR!

    Enjoy the forum

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    LIFETIME FORUM MEMBER stuartb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dumbarton, Scotland
    Riding
    HP4, ZX10R,F3 800
    Posts
    7,096
    Thanked: 2343

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Also interested about the brutale experience, they look the business.
    That 1000cc is 205 brake.. immense machine for the roads up here... don't know so much above 120 mph... you'd need mike tysons 20" back in the day neck muscles...I think it looks amazing.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Rednine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Forest
    Riding
    S1000rr S Gen 3
    Posts
    288
    Thanked: 74

    Re: New member

    Welcome from me Stuart, my daughter owner a Daytona 675 but has recently changed to a 765 Street Triple. I enjoyed her Daytona and particularly nicking her 765 every time she visits.
    Enjoy the forum buddy.
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rednine For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black
    Posts
    1,350
    Thanked: 565

    Re: New member

    Welcome to the site

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingscotsman For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Standard Member Stu675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    20
    Thanked: 0

    Re: New member

    My Brutale is old. A 910s from 2007. It’s been great to try something different but I definitely want to change it. An s1000rr would be interesting but too much bike for the roads which I normally ride.
    I’ve done a fair few track days and looking forward to doing lots more after Mallory earlier this month. But mostly road riding for me.

  17. #10
    Standard Member Stu675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    20
    Thanked: 0

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
    Welcome mate.. I bought an F3 800 4 weeks ago, sat on it for 2 minutes and haven't turned a wheel on it yet, it's sitting in the garage with a cover over it till I finish up this ZX and I can get it up on my lift and ventureshield it..

    How do you like the Brutale man, I'm presuming its the 800 same engine as mine, the litre is a mean mutha of a bike..

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    That’s insane will power!!! Not sure I could do that, or want to wait.
    My Brutale is a great bike. I think I love best traffic light drag races against my wife on her 765. I always win but not sure how much she lets me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •