decals

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
oldwobber,the graphics on your ilimberger belly pan from smilegraphics,are they made of gel like motografics,or just a sticker,and how did you fit them wet,or dry,cheers

Stickers, not gel. The " M" logo and the 3 squares are just outline so you can see the carbon weave inside the outline. You can order the 3 squares coloured too.
The 3 coloured strip at the front is the same as the existing one on the stock fairing. I didn't fit them but would assume dry. Hope that helps.

Before I started my own business I worked as service manager for a main truck dealership and workshop here in Hull.

Our paint shop had just painted a truck for a customer in London.
The customer arrived one morning to fix stickers of their products around the lower part of the vehicle body.

I watched him fix probably 25 of these decals to the side of the truck. To be honest, I was fascinated watching how he applied them. He used slightly soapy water and laid the decals onto this. He was able to slide the decals into the exact positions he wanted. When happy with there position, he just squeegeed the soapy water from underneath.

I remembered thinking at the time....that?ll never last! But they did, for years and years! So, whenever I apply any decals of any type, that?s how I do it.

When I say I didn't fit them I meant someone else fitted them for me. I made the sticker design then I lent the belly pan to smile graphics so they could measure it up to make the stickers they now sell. In return he fitted the stickers for me. Purely by coincidence SMR put the m logo in the same place!

Back