2011 s1000rr blipper system

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tempo

Reaction score
Morning Guys,

Maybe a daft question on my part but i was wondering if it is possible to fit the standard blipper system from the newer models to my gen1 61 plate?

Ive been toying with the idea of a blipper system and thought i would look at this option firstly prior to going down the IRC or HM route..

Also do any of you advise on a better standard quickshifter system than the standard BMW one?

cheers,
Si

don't think bmw one will fit, as gen 3 is fly by wire and gen 1/2 have throttle cables but would be interested to see

It won't work to use the OEM systems. The ECU isn't going to respond to it.
You'll have to find a 3rd party device that take this away from the OEM ECU and shifter.

thanks for the replies guys that clears that option up.. i can only find the HM SABS or IRC systems available? anyone have any experience with either?

Also could anyone advise on whether this would cause issues with my gearbox as i've heard (whether its true) that the gen1's have a weak gearbox??

i think there were some threads on the IRC one if you look, I was considering it a while ago, but didn't seem to be good value!
the HM one is newer as they only did the quickshifter a few years ago, not seen price or reviews on this.
My view on the gearbox issue is people may not have much mechanical sympathy, the OEM shift assist can be a bit clunky if you just don't bother to use the clutch on upchanges (i.e. shortshifting) just using it when your on it, seems to work ok, mines done 46000 miles now with no box issues - if that's a reassurance?

Back