Lever Guards Required

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they aren't encouaging close contact though are they,just helping to prevent avoidable accidents (and thats the key word here"accident").as for boycotting,well,how childish+immature is that?

you wont be dong many trackdays then when it';s made mandatory by all tdo's,or at least at all msv circuits.
Yes they are encouraging close contact. They are saying go ahead and make that racing pass because don?t worry everyone has a brake lever guard, everyone has turned their bike from a road bike towards a race bike, so they?ll be expecting it.
My hope is obviously that enough people will support a boycott so that MSVT will change to take a reasonable approach of education not enforcement

Sounds like what you describe would have the possibility of making the situation worse than a shorty lever not being contacted.
Not really you're colliding either way. Again these are preventative of extreme situations.

I gave an example of where it helped me.

You're not a proper member here, only seem to have signed up to argue the toss over this. I don't really need the discussion...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not really you're colliding either way. Again these are preventative of extreme situations.
yes maybe, yes extreme freak accidents, so where will it stop once we allow MSVT to instigate any rule they want? Lockwire? Compulsory insurance?
I gave an example of where it helped me.
great! I would never stop anyone promoting their use.
You're not a proper member here, only seem to have signed up to argue the toss over this. I don't really need the discussion...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well that's a fine welcome! thanks!

It might have a more a appropriate stance to at least get your feet under the table, before being quite so belligerent/ forthright with your views. You will find this is a most welcoming and tolerant forum and certainly full of abundant advice, help and assistance.

Last edited:
Well I?m going to fit a set, anyone got a recommendation for something cheap BUT solid? I found loads on amazon for ?29! But I think they?re more bling than actually functional..

Well I?m going to fit a set, anyone got a recommendation for something cheap BUT solid? I found loads on amazon for ?29! But I think they?re more bling than actually functional..

I have always gone with rizoma because they are well proven and have replaceable parts.

To our new member Stu675 - it is a requirement of the forum to post a little introduction about yourself in the welcome section. The reason is so that other members know a little about you/your bike experience so they can respond to your posts/questions appropriately. It?s also known as being friendly as we are a good natured community of bikers who like helping each other with advice and assistance.

And what is your reason for banging on about road bikes on trackdays? Most trackday riders dont use standard road bikes, so fitting a brake lever guard isn?t such a big deal. I always fit one, even just for road riding. If its good enough for MotoGP it?s good enough for me.

I have always gone with rizoma because they are well proven and have replaceable parts.

To our new member Stu675 - it is a requirement of the forum to post a little introduction about yourself in the welcome section. The reason is so that other members know a little about you/your bike experience so they can respond to your posts/questions appropriately. It?s also known as being friendly as we are a good natured community of bikers who like helping each other with advice and assistance.

And what is your reason for banging on about road bikes on trackdays? Most trackday riders dont use standard road bikes, so fitting a brake lever guard isn?t such a big deal. I always fit one, even just for road riding. If its good enough for MotoGP it?s good enough for me.
I posted one as soon as it was pointed out to me, before I replied in this thread. https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?16349-New-member but still no welcomes :cry:
Road bikes on trackdays should always be welcomed and never excluded, if anything it's the track bike riders who could consider manning up and go racing perhaps?
I heard MSVT are going to require wings on the front of your bike :D

Thanks, I?ll find a set and get them ready to go for the 2021 season ??

No cheap but solid - Bonamici

Yes they are encouraging close contact. They are saying go ahead and make that racing pass because don?t worry everyone has a brake lever guard, everyone has turned their bike from a road bike towards a race bike, so they?ll be expecting it.
My hope is obviously that enough people will support a boycott so that MSVT will change to take a reasonable approach of education not enforcement

MSVT trackdays are dull and unfun anyways. The only reason to book one is to get a spot at Brands GP

MSVT trackdays are dull and unfun anyways. The only reason to book one is to get a spot at Brands GP

No different to NL or FE in this country at least.............you turn up and get access to a track - what more do you want?

Please don't say people like Banting...........

No different to NL or FE in this country at least.............you turn up and get access to a track - what more do you want?

Please don't say people like Banting...........

Simon was great fun lol :)

what you say is true. I guess just the crowd that books NL is different to MSVT

Last edited:
I posted one as soon as it was pointed out to me, before I replied in this thread. https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?16349-New-member but still no welcomes :cry:
Road bikes on trackdays should always be welcomed and never excluded, if anything it's the track bike riders who could consider manning up and go racing perhaps?
I heard MSVT are going to require wings on the front of your bike :D

Thanks for posting in the welcome section.

Good for you.
If it takes enforcement for you to protect yourself, I feel sorry for you. If this new info has prompted you to take action, great! Why can?t MSVT educate first instead of straight to enforcement?
Whoa, take it easy mate.. It's not the case actually.. no one on here to my knowledge discussed Baz's accident, till I read Alex's comments I didn't know it was a brake lever incident, we respectfully didn't discuss it...ironically as stated I've a set in the garage ive had since April and never fitted them..now I know what happened I will fit them and would have done had I found that out irrespective of enforcement or not. Your very welcome on here, but as previously mentioned you've jumped right in with emphatic statements about what your intentions are..you could have dealt with it a bit less ham fisted if im honest.

Anyways you've plenty of replies to your welcome post me being one, theres a good bunch of lads on here and loads of excellent info and knowledge, I'm sure you have plenty you can offer too..

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Simon was great fun lol :)

what you say is true. I guess just the crowd that books NL is different to MSVT

He was funny the first time, by the time you'd heard it 20, 30, 40 times then it was a bit wearing.........I like Matt's briefs, to the point and no waffling. The only TDO that gives something different imho is the Jamie Whitham days however they only use 3 circuits.

He was funny the first time, by the time you'd heard it 20, 30, 40 times then it was a bit wearing.........I like Matt's briefs, to the point and no waffling. The only TDO that gives something different imho is the Jamie Whitham days however they only use 3 circuits.

yea, at least he wakes you up at 8.45am in the morning :)

As iv sed I'd welcome brake lever protectors

Iv seen where a pass that went wrong and pushed forward and broke off there brake lever.

Being honest I'd be happy if oil filter, filler and drain lockwire was compulsory.

We have it for 1 day drags and hillclimbs. Noone seems to mine.

I got it done to my s1000rr at first service.

As iv sed I'd welcome brake lever protectors

Iv seen where a pass that went wrong and pushed forward and broke off there brake lever.

Being honest I'd be happy if oil filter, filler and drain lockwire was compulsory.

We have it for 1 day drags and hillclimbs. Noone seems to mine.

I got it done to my s1000rr at first service.
Step 1 it's compulsory

Step 2 trackdays only for ACU license holders

Step 3 trackdays are banned to enforce sterile society norms

G'day mate

Back