Pirelli Front Slick

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, Pirelli have finally made a front to match their newish rear tyre from the beginning of the year i.e 200/65.

It's a 125/70.

J

Attachments

• IMG_3151D.jpeg
    IMG_3151D.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 48
Is that the bigger front the BSB teams were struggling with earlier in the year?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I thought the 125 front has been around for a couple of seasons now? WSB last season and into BSB this year? I've seen scrubs for sale online all year

I can't remember who it was on the "chasin the racin" podcast that stated that all the chatter issues started when they had to use the 125 in BSB.

Released: 03 April 2019 16:04
For the first European round of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship that will take place next weekend in Spain, at the MotorLand Arag?n circuit, Pirelli has decided to rely exclusively on the new larger size solutions for the premier class.
This is in line with Pirelli?s announcement at the end of last season: the main objective in terms of development for 2019 is to complete the range of solutions in the larger 125/70 front and 200/65 rear sizes , which are already present on the market but in the SC1 front and SC0 rear compounds only. For the first European round Pirelli has therefore developed a new front tyre in 125/70 size and SC2 compound and two new rear tyres in 200/65 size and SC0 and SC1 compounds.

Maybe I?m wrong. I?ve never seen one before and a number of teams started using them at the last round at Brands.

I was only aware of them after the podcast and then they started appearing on Ebay once BSB kicked off. I think it was one of TAG Yamaha's big problems.

Back