Gen2 Misfire - Lysers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysers

Reaction score
Just wonder if you found the reason for misfiring as I?ve got same issue only differences mine not firing on first cylinder, Independent bmw garage couldn?t find the problem so I just took it to a dealer now see what they gonna tell

Re: Bikes suddenly misfiring and sounds rough.

I had the same issue a few months back and a set of new coils sorted the problem

Just received phone call from the dealer that need new ecu quoted ?800 plus labour :(

Why? I mean what is the evidence? Have they put another on it and it worked fine or are they guessing? Have they tried replacing the coils?

2nd hand ECU's come up on eBay from time to time.

Agree with Alex that more evidence needed for new ECU. If misfire on only one cylinder seems more likely that coil, wiring or injector faulty.

What about the lamda sensors, they are prone to going if water creeps into and corrodes the connections to the loom, this certainly can cause a misfire

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes they put different ecu and it run on all 4 cylinders, second hand ecu need to be programmed i believe to work with specific bike I?ve seen sets with dash keys and ignition barrel on ebay for ?1500 so not keen on that, sorry to comment on old post but I thought it won?t be a problem

Yes they put different ecu and it run on all 4 cylinders, second hand ecu need to be programmed i believe to work with specific bike I?ve seen sets with dash keys and ignition barrel on ebay for ?1500 so not keen on that, sorry to comment on old post but I thought it won?t be a problem

Wasn't an issue - just wanted it to be separate in case it went on :)
Fair play sounds like they are sure and have done proper testing.

Back