Have I just wrecked my quick shifter?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamsp1

Reaction score
Whilst trying to fit my new alpha racing evo rearsets which require a shorter shift rod to be fitted I have turned the brass around multiple times within the aluminium housing on the quick shifter module. Is it full of delicate wires and electronics? Can test the bike as it?s in 1000 bits.

I'm not sure without a picture.
Only electronics are in the housing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply alex, unfortunately it doesn?t look damaged to the eye. The thread locking compound used by bmw was so strong so as when I applied pressure to the flats on the long shift rod(6mm) to unscrew it it turned the brass insert within the aluminium cylindrical housing. It feels like there is a spring assembly in there but I was wondering if the attached plug had any gubbins or sensor wiring inside?

Thanks for the reply alex, unfortunately it doesn?t look damaged to the eye. The thread locking compound used by bmw was so strong so as when I applied pressure to the flats on the long shift rod(6mm) to unscrew it it turned the brass insert within the aluminium cylindrical housing. It feels like there is a spring assembly in there but I was wondering if the attached plug had any gubbins or sensor wiring inside?

Thanks for the reply, I went with a new unit from tas bmw just to be on the safe side.

Back