2 1/2 year battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1mad

Reaction score
Hi due to go for service today and at petrol station battery let me down

18 plate 2 year 6 months low millage and always on trickle not good any way do i go for ?142 bmw or do you guys know better tia

The battery on my 18 went Tuesday. Swapped it for a Yuasa YTZ12S. Slightly taller (5mm) than the OEM version but fits fine and is more powerful. Got it from Tayna in 2 days

Should last a bit longer than that but hey ho . Will have a look as no point in fitting bmw one if there?s no advantage

Yeah did that . Have it on optimiser and it now starts . But obviously not as cold now and no load on like grips ect . Spoke to someone who said shouldn?t use optimiser constantly and that may of done battery?

Spoke to someone who said shouldn?t use optimiser constantly and that may of done battery?

I suggest you ignore that possibly ill-informed statement. Go to the www.tecmate.com website and look through their FAQs about why batteries fail. I use an Optimiser 4 and have it plugged in to the bike all winter long. You might have a broken cell or something - check for any hot zones on the outside of battery when charging it if it is a sealed battery

I checked site after being told and it said you can leave on . Always have before. Obviously battery has had enough of Covid as well ?

The battery on my 18 went Tuesday. Swapped it for a Yuasa YTZ12S. Slightly taller (5mm) than the OEM version but fits fine and is more powerful. Got it from Tayna in 2 days

Thanks got same one ordered. Dealer couldn?t understand why I didn?t want to pay double the cost for stock battery ?

Back