Who's still riding

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out whenever I can. I dont mind being cold, or wet, but dont like being cold _and_ wet. I guess that time will be here all too soon.

I bought myself a 2nd hand XR back in May of this year to do my euro-trip (Rimini and back with the offspring on her bike) so that gets used more often recently, but I'm picking up a brand spanking RR on Friday in exchange for my 2017 one (I shall be very sad to see her go) and am hoping that the new RR will survive the cold, shitty roads as I really dont intend having the limiter on there for long.

A heated vest really helps, just in case anyone is still running around without one. A heated balaclava would be ideal too if such a thing exists!

A heated vest really helps, just in case anyone is still running around without one. A heated balaclava would be ideal too if such a thing exists!

I bought my 1st set of heated gloves (yeah, I know the Beemers have heated grips) and I have to say, they're brilliant. The heat permeates through your body, so you're generally warmer throughout. I've got to sort out a replacement set though, despite them being 2 uses old, the right hand glove has gone wonky ... sigh....

Heated vest is next on the agenda, followed by nappies and a GS :eek: (dont hurt me!)

I bought my 1st set of heated gloves (yeah, I know the Beemers have heated grips) and I have to say, they're brilliant. The heat permeates through your body, so you're generally warmer throughout. I've got to sort out a replacement set though, despite them being 2 uses old, the right hand glove has gone wonky ... sigh....

Heated vest is next on the agenda, followed by nappies and a GS :eek: (dont hurt me!)
You must get a heated vest! Total bliss. I?d recommend getting one that?s a snug fit AND with sleeves, more expensive but worth it. Mine is a Keiss (sp?) by no sleeves and slightly too big.... trust me, spend the $$$ and get it right. The added bonus to a heated vest is that you?re not restricted by loads of layers, so you can move around and enjoy.

I've got the Keis vest and gloves and with both on, no heated sleeves needed. Oh, and the heat in the collar just makes everything nicer.

Now, all I need is a heated seat like the one on my KTM and my winter would be perfect!

had a nice run down to Brighton yesterday, about 130 round trip, but looking at the forecasts that's it for this year, down to my kdx250 until the spring!

Only managed 300 miles last week, was a tad cold. Cant wait for my next week off on the 19th and hoping for temps above 6c.

300 miles this week. Gerbing heated jacket and gloves to keep toasty. 17 is on 60k now [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back