Who's still riding

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsijay

Reaction score
morning people
As title says who's still riding? I work night's so when I finish at 5.30 in the morning lets say it's cold........but hey ho can't let her go just yet in to winter storage......

I try to get out every week. I ACF-50 my bikes and reckon they benefit from being used regularly over being laid up over winter.

Touch wood, I don't have any battery issues and don't have a trickle charger, and believe that regular use maintains all the essentials by having the fluids running through them.

Me still riding to work only a 3 mile journey both ways but don't want to pay it up till the salt hits qthe roads.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Keep my bikes taxed and insured 12 months of the year. There's always some good winter riding days........................when no lockdown! :encouragement:

"LOCKDOWN"...LOL....its amazing wot a backpack can do... . I shop for the elderly......

I try to get out every week. I ACF-50 my bikes and reckon they benefit from being used regularly over being laid up over winter.

Touch wood, I don't have any battery issues and don't have a trickle charger, and believe that regular use maintains all the essentials by having the fluids running through them.
Even when the salt hits the roads do you not get any corrosion using acf-50 .

Never had an issue with rust. You get the odd surface rust on the brake discs but clean and dry them and it goes.

I do use ACF-50 but dont rely on it to keep the corrosion at bay, cleaning the bike after every ride is the key. Ive never had an issue with corrosion on any bike.

had a nice 180 mile round trip this morning to the battle of Britain memorial, bike will need a wash tomorrow!

120 miles today, any opportunity I?m out and about. I think there are 2 schools of thought, either ac50 it up, panic when you see the salt dissolving your asset and path to glory, OR, flkit, it?s a machine and deserves to be used as that?s why you bought it. Shocking road conditions in the SE, but also times to have a blast. I don?t want to tempt fate, but is the gen3 virtually uncrashable?? Flipping into rain mode/ sport mode on the fly really did help and made my day (safe). My last gen3 had very little care apart from timely servicing as per the book, but they do stand up well to use in all conditions imo.

120 miles today, any opportunity I?m out and about. I think there are 2 schools of thought, either ac50 it up, panic when you see the salt dissolving your asset and path to glory, OR, flkit, it?s a machine and deserves to be used as that?s why you bought it. Shocking road conditions in the SE, but also times to have a blast. I don?t want to tempt fate, but is the gen3 virtually uncrashable?? Flipping into rain mode/ sport mode on the fly really did help and made my day (safe). My last gen3 had very little care apart from timely servicing as per the book, but they do stand up well to use in all conditions imo.

I really hope thats not a classic case of "now you've said it"!!

Back