Lever guards

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so having fitted the Evotech bar ends to reduce vibration, I couldn't resist these from Raximo (via http://louis-moto.co.uk/ ).

lever guards2.jpg

They're only marginally heavier than the stock bar ends so will see if it causes an issue but they're so pretty! Had to choose between black and grey (classy, to match the bike) or black and red (flashy, to match the rider :eek: ) and had to wait a few weeks for delivery to remember which one I picked!

Oh, and went to use the bike this morning for the first time in a week or so and the battery was flat as a pancake! It's been on charge for 4 hours so far and not full yet...

OK, battery is showing as 'recover' which implies that it's buggered (or on the way out).

Tanya is showing the YTZ12S (11.6Ah/210CCA) as the best option for the S1000RR with DWA and it looks higher spec than the YTZ10S (9.1Ah/190CCA)

Is there any reason NOT to pick the higher spec?

Weight is the only penalty. And I expect you don't weigh as much as many of us...so it's not really going to impact. Just make sure it fits dimensionally.

Great, both Yuasa's are the same size so I might as well go for the one with the higher CCA then (years of riding V-twins, CCA is always the answer!)

As for the weight thing, well, one tries to stay in shape, even in lockdown

Big girl.jpg

Its the Ah that survives the alarm drain longer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That might do the trick. No power to my garage so rely on just using the bike to keep it charged but reckon it's gonna be a quiet couple of weeks!

According to the Tayna site the YTZ12S battery is 1.7 cm taller than the YTZ10S. If it fits the extra Ah would be worthwhile.

If you've bought it already I'd be interested to know if it does fit OK.

Last edited:
According to the Tayna site the YTZ12S battery is 1.7 cm taller than the YTZ10S. If it fits the extra Ah would be worthwhile.

If you've bought it already I'd be interested to know if it does fit OK.

On its way as I type. It is a bout 5mm taller than the original BMW battery (all other dimensions the same) so hoping it fits but will let you know

Annnnd it fits a treat :adoration: Beautiful starting power

Now, if I could get the accessories socket to work on my satnav I would be even happier. Tried every possible combination of the 3 wires on Nippy Normans lead without success so have had to wire it back to the battery again. Will be fitting a DIN socket for it soon but no idea if it's going to work off the accessories plug

Oh, and the Puig engine covers arrived too

https://conquestracingltd.com/product/puig-bmw-s1000-r-rr-xr-engine-protection-cover-set/
Top service from Steve at Conquest Racing :purplebananna:

Last edited:
Glad you like the lever guards, they look great!

Interesting new mod @Katie, think it?s fair to say I?ve never seen a grip fitted to a clutch lever before [emoji846]

Last edited:
Glad you like the lever guards, they look great!

Interesting new mod @Katie, think it?s fair to say I?ve never seen a grip fitted to a clutch lever before [emoji846]

Ah, that's my super tip for not having my fingers frozen to the levers! My commute used to be 70 miles each way, motorway and city riding (M40, M25, into London, mostly solid traffic), and I rest my my fingers on the levers for a lot of that journey. Tried the lever cover trick a few years back and it makes a massive difference in retaining feeling!

Ta, classy won out! Will take it for a decent test ride during the week, just making sure the threadlock has cured nicely so I don't have to do the 'I think it fell off about here' walk of shame....

Good to know the YTZ12S fits as I may be in need of a new battery soon too - did you retain the battery holder thing that goes over the top?

Also somewhat on topic - does anyone know what rpm the alternator puts out peak or typical charge rate?
Edit: this Q is specially for a 2016 Gen3 and not the newer Gen3 with a bigger alternator, would be interesting to know though if there?s a/much difference.

Ok, out for an hour's shake-down today and there is some buzz with the lever guards. Not as much as the original weights (my hands didn't go numb) but more than with the Evotech 'heavies' on. Daily use (not gonna happen for a while) will tell whether the guards stay on! They stayed in position nicely although did manage to extend themselves. If you go for these ones, make sure you tighten up the adjusters before using...

With the battery, I didn't have any kind of retainer on there in the first place. Do others have a clip or rubber strap or something? It is a fairly neat fit and I stuffed the Keis lead fuse holder down the gap to stop any sideways movement :redface-new:

Back