My Gen 4 Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lever Guard

Just give Calsport a call on 0845 601 0986. Let them know which RR model year you have, and whether you are using OEM or aftermarket clip-ons, and they will order the right one for you.

Re: Charcoal Canister Removal

Debating about taking the charcoal canister out? Anyone else done this on their road bike?
I completely removed mine when I fitted a full race exhaust system. I also added an alpha Racing kit (see link below) to avoid any error codes. If you are still using the OEM exhaust system then I wouldn?t bother removing it.

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...ion=1&keyword=Charcoal&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&

Ah ok, I removed it when i had the bike stripped down. I do plan to put a full system on eventually. I plugged/connected the hose where needed and it never through up an errors.

Few updated pics after installing new parts.

Installed the GaleSpeed MC. It still needs tweaking with its position but so far I am liking the feel and adjustability. One thing i will say, the adjuster is pretty long which means it can just touch the OEM dash mount. But not enough to cause an issue.

Alpha Racing clip-ons are awesome. The wider position makes a big difference in feel, that added leverage just makes direction changes far more easier. They're pretty much stock height as well so it doesn't feel like any added pressure is on the wrists. I don't have lever guard at the moment (on order) or bar ends weights. But i was surprised how little vibration there was.

Picked up a set of used Gilles FXR for 200 quid of ebay. They are mint bar one slightly worn peg from a low side. These and the clip-ons have really made the ergonomics so much better. Plus no more slippy OE pegs!

Last thing I have installed is an unbranded Carbon belly pan. I bought this from Europe from a company found, whom make a few parts for the Gen 4. I was dubious as it was less than half the price of other well known brands. Think around ?290-300 (after currency conversion) Including postage and didn't get stumped by customs, yay. Got to say, the fit is near perfect and quality is very good. Now i worked with Carbon/Carbon composites so i have a good idea what is good and bad. This definitely sits on the good side of quality. Not Ilmberger or Strauss quality but not far off.

So i am going to order their upper side panels and nose cone in the future. The cost should be near 550 all in (including the belly pan). Not too bad when a CRC front end kit is 440 odd if you also include the fitting kit. (another 450 odd for paint or wrapping as well) Plus these are stronger so could probably take a few slides before they need junking. (hoping i don't get to that stage haha)

Still waiting on my DB screen from bike HPS, apparently that is stuck in customs.

Next thing is tyres, new pads and

IMG_8433.jpg
IMG_8435.jpg
IMG_8436.jpg

Bar angle/length and position on the bar of the M/C will affect how that M/C interacts with the dashboard mount on full lock. Any room for movement or is it in the best compromise position?

You're going to track it wearing different clothes but in full road spec? Do we get to find out the unbranded source? Is it the one that supplies superbikes.ie?

Thankfully the bar angle I've setup is pretty much perfect. I'd say the MC angle has been more of a compromise than the bars. The Alpha Clip on's have 3 positions on the bar, they're in the middle position at the moment. But i would like to go to the widest position which should mean i can set the MC at a more preferred angle. But i'll need to wait for the Alpha racing clutch cable (As recommended by BBB). The stock is too short.

Basically yes. Well i remove the plate and mirrors on track. Eventually it will have a different the fairings up front. I also think i will put 1 piece tail unit if i can find one. The pillion storage is pretty pointless anyway. I am going for the EWS look :calm:

I'd like it to look something like this (Without winglets). It won't require a full wrap (?480 from Sublime fitted). So the added colour shouldn't be that expensive. All in it should be cheaper than a full wrap/CRC fairing kit.

The supplier is on Ebay. But managed to get their email and do a deal outside of eBay.

Fullsix_MB-RR19-TC52D_1l.jpg

Coming along nicely Gav...dont forget to lube your links :)
Looking forward to seeing the finished article

alpha Racing

...wait for the Alpha racing clutch cable... The stock is too short.

Once you fit the longer alpha Racing clutch cable you will notice that you have more adjustability. The OEM clutch cable length is definitely restrictive when used with alpha Racing clip-ons.

alpha Racing

You only need the cable (2152B001A01). I have one fitted along with the alpha Racing clip-ons and clutch lever (3272B040A00).

Coming along nicely Gav...dont forget to lube your links :)
Looking forward to seeing the finished article

Cheers dude. If you mean my chain it's a shocker. It was cleaned, wiped down with WD40 then i used Wurth dry lube on it prior to being laid up. But sitting for 2 months in a garage that is also now a gym hasn't helped it haha.

Re: alpha Racing

You only need the cable (2152B001A01). I have one fitted along with the alpha Racing clip-ons and clutch lever (3272B040A00).

Cheers Rys. I have one on order with Fortis. I'll be happy when that is fitted as the OE is restricting the position if i want to change it.

alpha Racing

Once you have everything fitted just be careful that the cable/clutch perch doesn?t foul the dash when turning the bars.

Re: alpha Racing

Once you have everything fitted just be careful that the cable/clutch perch doesn?t foul the dash when turning the bars.

Cheers buddy. Hopefully it won't foul. I think the position should be ok.

How did you fix that GoPro mount like that ? Bike look real nice BTW

How did you fix that GoPro mount like that ? Bike look real nice BTW

It is a bit of a mishmash of parts. I bought a cheap Ram mount copy from Ebay. Like this and I had loads of go pro mounts. I basically removed the ball, drilled the base of the Go Pro plate out, plus a bit of cutting to recess the bolt from the Ram kit. The bolt drops onto the plate and then bolts into the conical nut from the Ram kit, that expands in the steerer and job done.

I'll take it out and send some pics. It is pretty sturdy to be honest and because it is behind the screen you do not get all the wind noise. I need to experiment with the arm extensions for the Go pro. But to give you an idea, this one is with the Go Pro case bolted straight to the base. And this one is with a small extension arm. But i need a longer one i think to get more of a view.

Lovely bike - wonder why BMW dropped the red colour. If I had gone for a sport (rather than the m sport) I would have chosen red too. Perhaps it made the bike too Ducati like?

Back