New M sport owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top Tip, buy some Harpic Power Plus 10X. (Wear gloves) And coat it onto the OEM metal parts of the exhaust, cat etc. Let is sit for a bit, give it a scrub with those with an abrasive sponge on any stubborn bits. Wash off and it will come back like new.

see its each to there own, i like the way its tarnished. lol

I 'm liking the bellypan. Which one is it?

Ilmberger, road version. I got a local guy to knock up the graphics for it. There is a post with the details in the "Gen 4" section. Personally I think it looks great, especially compared to the look of the horrendous standard exhaust. When you look at other euro 4 bikes the BM is by far the worst looking.

The weather was nice yesterday so I rode to work and back and stretched the bikes legs a bit,I have to say this is a beautiful bike to ride.
The weight loss is very noticeable and the front end is sublime ,it is a massive step up from my Gen3

I think you've summed it up very well from a Gen 3. It's almost a toy (aka 600 :witless: ) with the weight reduction !

Top Tip, buy some Harpic Power Plus 10X. (Wear gloves) And coat it onto the OEM metal parts of the exhaust, cat etc. Let is sit for a bit, give it a scrub with those with an abrasive sponge on any stubborn bits. Wash off and it will come back like new.

Harpic is great stuff. Word of warning though, don't leave it o. Too long.received_390131532137261.jpeg

My mate was trying to free up sticky piston ring from a 2 stroke. I suggested he try some harpic, so he borrowed his wife's good pan to soak the piston. Left it a couple of days, ring still stuck, but pan hasn't faired so well

Harpic is great stuff. Word of warning though, don't leave it o. Too long.View attachment 5648

My mate was trying to free up sticky piston ring from a 2 stroke. I suggested he try some harpic, so he borrowed his wife's good pan to soak the piston. Left it a couple of days, ring still stuck, but pan hasn't faired so well

Sorry, off topic, I know.
Regarding stuck rings. I used to brush on paint stripper. Nitromors. Probably spelt wrong. Used to work for me many moons ago!

Harpic is great stuff. Word of warning though, don't leave it o. Too long.View attachment 5648

haha that is amazing! Yeah it is pretty potent stuff, suggest diluting it!

Back