Problem with gearbox (while downshifting)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumbish

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have 2013 year S1000RR and I recently noticed that my bike starts downshifting bad. It all started in the traffic, when I am stopped and my bike is in neautral. Then I realised, that, when I put it from neutral to 1st gear, nothing happens and its still in neutral. Onyly when I make this porcedure from 2nd or 3rd time bike finally is in 1st gear. OK I drove with this issue but the I noticed, that bikes starts to make the same problem when I am downshifting. For instrance yesterday I could shift from 5th to 4th (ok I could it bet from 2nd or 3rd time), and I also noticed, that some times when bike is in 1st gear then gear shifting pedal still moves downwards (if it would be in 2nd or 4rd gear) but it shoudnt move because its in first gear and pedal shoud move downvards. I am downshifting with clutch because I have not auto billper.
I have no problems while upshifting.
Maybe anyone had the same issue?

i would adjust clutch lever first, you want about 1mm of play at the lever when the bike is cold, adjust drive chain to bmw recommended spec and lastly make sure the gear lever and shift rod arm are in correct positions.

Last edited:
Hi, if all the suggestions above are ok, i would suggest changing the gear selector shaft and selector drum star wheel as a pair.
This is quite a easy job and requires the clutch to be removed.

Back