North east newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaRRky

Reaction score
Hi im clarky from the north east.just recently bought a gen 4 and jumped from a 16 r1.so far so good

Hi im clarky from the north east.just recently bought a gen 4 and jumped from a 16 r1.so far so good
Belated welcome Clarky. What made you jump ship from Yamaha? Always interested to hear what folk look for when they change bike.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Belated welcome Clarky. What made you jump ship from Yamaha? Always interested to hear what folk look for when they change bike.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Id had 9 years on r1s and had heard good reports of the gen 4.test rode one out of boredom and couldnt believe how agile it was.there is literally nothing that i dont like about the bike and its starting to make me wonder how i never crashed the r1.it was hard work in comparison

Blimey I felt the R1 was fairly telepathic when I used one at Donny for a session and a day at Almeria...
Anyway it's great to hear you're loving life on the RR and feeling that it's a real step forwards, you'll not find anyone arguing against those views ;)

Blimey I felt the R1 was fairly telepathic when I used one at Donny for a session and a day at Almeria...
Anyway it's great to hear you're loving life on the RR and feeling that it's a real step forwards, you'll not find anyone arguing against those views ;)

In fairness to the r1 the suspension had been set up poorly by previous owner.im also loving not having to fill up every 85/90 miles ?

Welcome matey.....any nice plans for the new bike?

So far fitted paint protection film,evotech rad/oil cooler guards,paddock stand bobbins,tail tidy,puig tall screen and an akra gp slip on.plan on going full system eventually just worried about the warranty side of things.also on the look out for some m package levers and rearsets

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Am very glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your Gen 4 [emoji41]
What sort of riding do you enjoy?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Am very glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your Gen 4 [emoji41]
What sort of riding do you enjoy?

Mostly spirited road riding..twisties etc.hoping to get a few track days in now as the r1 was too loud :(

Back