Ventureshield

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch, heres another of mine...

Brand spanking new GSXR1100L (which was stolen from the dealers when I left it for it's first service) but thats ANOTHER story...

I parked it outside my birds at the time, had less than 50 miles on it, I crashed out on top of her bed and her brother came bursting into the room to tell me my bike was almost lying on its side !

The road was newly laid as they were the first occupants in a new build development and it was a blazing hot day, the tarmac was soft as shite and the stand had sunk right into the road... couldn't believe it, terrified of what I was about to see I was relieved to find I had 5 seconds before total collapse, so righted the bike whew !... could have been a disaster and who would think of that happening.. wasn't so lucky with the theft tho, but they did replace it with a Black one a month later..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Aw my neighbours old man reversed into my ZX and upended it, I thought it was just the front fender that was gubbed, but I never realised what part the bung played, it effectively mushroomed behind the panel, so when I removed the panel to touch up the paint the bung wouldn't pull through the hole, turned it round and had to snip the bung off, then noticed the panel all deformed... no chance of getting a Black one, so green it is, bike paints will spray it black and fit the decal.. 400 quid bill coming his way.

At least he owned up to it.

Yea, I guess, they had no option, I live in a small cul de sac, too easy to be spotted .

This has got to be the least rewarding job ever on a bike...I was going to ask if you liked my ventureshield ?.. I know, I cant see it either !... what a pain in the arse of a job.

Still got about 20 bits to fit, the cockpit is tricky as hell round the headlights
eb7639c6eee75b2b45739548a972acb6.jpg
3e1f3b5b3c5eba0d80d679b31eb5fe1c.jpg
be741731d01a2b7098f70681caae8a48.jpg

Last edited:
This a headache.. who can tell me where these bits go, theres no map as such just a roll, these are what I have left.

Hands and can of coke for scale...any guesses guys... ive offered each piece up, orientated every way but nought seems to match with any part
b9f0f94d0456c7684fcca6fe0db72994.jpg
a4588181360c7709f800a9a5a1502862.jpg
c5a4f00627f919fb2e9151eae0efbaf5.jpg
1b6a92233ec090dd3c0de96ff76bf0f0.jpg
7ce91e36f81fb5d7afcfbf99b90f2cf4.jpg
c87cef3f1905cf5d1acd0bf3b92b082a.jpg
ed518ba3e7e70b9e11a7bf6743c8a7ad.jpg
a78a6b4067d0e4fd5b99e90eec553417.jpg
e54bda8b68c2f903223c66796f813966.jpg

Looks like it, but no, both headlamps done... the real mystery are the larger ones, well they're all mysterious Allan lol

Fantastic, I thought they would have automatically put one in the box.. cheers for that [emoji106]

Says Bike Map included, only two rolls of film in my container, so nothing for the MV either.

I'll email them.

21ef9bbe5ca39ef98a21a43872418f9c.jpg

Last edited:
Rob, it's actually very easy. At first I was naturally over cautious, as I applied panel by panel I relaxed. The film is very robust, so you aren't going to tear it in any way. What I do is the following.

1. Pull on latex gloves
2. Find the part I want to apply, spray both my gloved hands with PLENTY soapy water. (7-8 drops of Fairy in the water bottle supplied)
3. Spray the bike panel, spray the film whilst attached to the backing sheet with PLENTY soapy water.
4. Remove the film from the backing sheet and immediately SPRAY THE STICKY SIDE AND the top side again. In doing so it has NO chance of sticking together... Think about the last time you used packing tape, if it sticks together your fucked.
5. Offer up the film to the bike, get it centred by eye.
6. Hold the film in place and start from the centre working to the edge.
7. On curved edges don't worry about the film not adhering right away to tight angles.
8. Go back after a few minutes when some of the soapy water has evaporated/squeegeed off and try to shape the edge/curve typically you will find it will stick very easily, if not leave it another few minutes and so on. May take 2-3-4 attempts but it WILL stick to any contour that that part is designed for.
9. The film will ONLY stick when the trapped water has been displaced. You will be amazed even with one swipe of the squeegee the part will be stuck quite firmly.

If you were to absolutely scrutinize my panels I reckon you'd give me 9/10, some of them are perfect, the others almost, it really isn't at all difficult.

I'd have no hesitation doing it for a pal, I am actually quite enjoying it now.

Thanks Stuart,

Step by step procedure very helpful!

I never thought about the soapy water as a lubricant, I was imagining it like packing tape and if you got it wrong first time you were stuffed. It seems like a really good idea. I might do mine.

Cheers, Rob

First couple of panels you do will be nervy, after that and you get the hang of it you'll be like a pro lol.. it ain't difficult for sure, plenty soapy water is the key... I'll WhatsApp you the PDF.

Back