Ventureshield

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Guys where do you buy ventureshield, is it only through resellers, can anyone recommend an alternative.. I want to buy a set for my beemer and my MV..

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Try invisible patterns in Haydock, good guys and sell kits for DIY install, they?ve done my last 3 bikes
Ordered two kits, one for the MV and one for my HP Gixer, cheers.

Still a bit confused with the Matte or Gloss option mind you.. opted for gloss

Ive used the gloss on my bike as its a shinny finish. The finish on my Shoei helmet is matte so Ive used the matte venture shield on that.

Last edited:
I just went for gloss all over, 190 quid for two sets, not cheap.

Hows it to put on ?..looks fairly straightforward by the vids I've watched..anything I should look out for ?

just make sure your hands are clean and try to do in windless dust free environment. use plenty of liquid too, you cannot use too much, if things go wrong it will pull off and water again as you pull off. i use a hairdryer to keep it soft and to help dry off excess liquid. start with simple bits first too, like front mudguard.

As R25sti says - plenty of liquid, including your fingers when pulling the film off the backing sheet. If you have the option of heating the room you are using that would help too, it does not like to get cold as its not as pliable.

Same Rob, by the sounds of it it's pretty straightforward.

Got a couple of jobs on the ZX before I start on the protection.. this sounds nuts but a guy was selling an unused OE sump which I got for 35 quid !. It's ?250 from Cradeley, couldn't resist it at that price, so thats getting installed next week and I bought a pattern Rad for 85 notes.. neither job was necessary, but what the hell...ill crack on once everything arrives, I also picked an Athena gasket up for 13 quid which is also a great price

I also need to spray the LHS mid panel I found a crack in it and it was marked after my neighbours attack with his car, so waiting on RS sending me more paint, repaired crack with good old Q Bond..

Panel is totally knackered and is 300 to replace ! Never noticed till I removed the crash bung..

So he got a chap on the door last night !
07f9bd2c72f942b81d8134e7a6e87b52.jpg
e45ecb8bf2e09a064896a6a19c72c348.jpg
9f1708bfb51e2c55e72ba4ba5636377d.jpg

Aw my neighbours old man reversed into my ZX and upended it, I thought it was just the front fender that was gubbed, but I never realised what part the bung played, it effectively mushroomed behind the panel, so when I removed the panel to touch up the paint the bung wouldn't pull through the hole, turned it round and had to snip the bung off, then noticed the panel all deformed... no chance of getting a Black one, so green it is, bike paints will spray it black and fit the decal.. 400 quid bill coming his way.

Aw my neighbours old man reversed into my ZX and upended it, I thought it was just the front fender that was gubbed, but I never realised what part the bung played, it effectively mushroomed behind the panel, so when I removed the panel to touch up the paint the bung wouldn't pull through the hole, turned it round and had to snip the bung off, then noticed the panel all deformed... no chance of getting a Black one, so green it is, bike paints will spray it black and fit the decal.. 400 quid bill coming his way.

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago Stuart. Just parked my brand new Corsa (ok I know it?s not an posh car like most on here[emoji4]) on my drive, when there was a knock on the door. It turned out to be my neighbour reporting that her son had been manoeuvring his scooter on their drive backwards and had gone over their drive and onto mine and, you?ve guessed it........straight into my NSR passenger door.
I was quietly fuming to myself but FairPlay the lad did fess up and they did pay for the repairs. But bugger.....brand new and just collected it from the dealer [emoji2960]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back