Afternoon All (Sussex)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al@x

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently joined, not got a bike yet currently deliberating between the gen 3 & 4.
Current bikes are the ZX6R 636 and the speed triple RS.
Started doing track days this year on the ZX6R and now looking to upgrade.

Cheers

Welcome Alex, ZX6R's and R6's are a hoot, but very different to ride. The RR can be a handful for sure.

Gen3 vs. 4 really depends on budget and risk appetite. A decent Gen3 is a potent machine and there's plenty of well specc'd machines coming up for sale turn key ready...but the Gen4 is definitely an evolutionary step on.

Thanks Alex, budgets not an issue I`m just worse than a woman when it comes to making a decision.
I`ll definitely be using it on track, out of interest which of the two is a better road bike in your opinion.

Gen3 is heavier so this can smooth out some roads...but then the Gen4 has better ergonomics with the exception of the seat. The Gen4 seat is about as comfy as a nail board by all accounts. I don't have one to know for sure.

Gen4 would get my vote if money isn't an issue. It has major turn in advantages over the Gen3 and is faster over a lap.

Back