Tyre recommendations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMAC77

Reaction score
Hi all. I?m putting some new tyres on the Gen3 soon and I?m looking for recommendations from your experiences.

Thanks in advance ??

this time of year on road then you wont go far wrong with the M7RR's or newer M9RR's loads of cold wet grip and go well in the dry with plenty of confidence. imo

this time of year on road then you wont go far wrong with the M7RR's or newer M9RR's loads of cold wet grip and go well in the dry with plenty of confidence. imo

Thanks, I?ve been looking at the M9RR?s or S22?s. I?ve heard Michelin?s re good too.

Last edited:
People don't ride bikes in winter lol

f829f20d0f91416cc566d01ea4703fc9.jpg

Rubbish.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left work early as I heard it started to snow. Got 1/2 was home before it really started to fall heavy for 20 mins. No grit on the roads and running super corsa at the time, it was a squeaky bum 30 mins ride home....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Corsa?s it is then :)

Go Sports Touring tyre in Winter.
Fyi Bridgestone just launched the T32. They've been on a roll of late producing great tyres, would be worth an experiment, till you can fit summer boots back on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have Michelin Road 5s now. Fantastic tyre for my daily commute. Come hell or high water :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had Road 5 on my Z and really liked them. Will think about that one. Defo on the list now as hadn?t considered ST tyres.

Go Sports Touring tyre in Winter.
Fyi Bridgestone just launched the T32. They've been on a roll of late producing great tyres, would be worth an experiment, till you can fit summer boots back on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Alex, helpful as always. Experiments are always a weakness of mine :)

Impressive. I did use my Z800 in bad conditions. Looking at a winter bike so the RR can stay in the garage until the weather improves.

The RR is my winter bike :0

I've gone down the Michelin Power 5s route. They're really good in cold and wet conditions, will let you know about the snow later...

The RR is my winter bike :0

I've gone down the Michelin Power 5s route. They're really good in cold and wet conditions, will let you know about the snow later...

Thanks Katie, i like the look of them too as the tread is similar to Road 5?s.

Kris

Road 5?s would be my pick too for this time of year tbh.
Then would fit M9RR?s come spring [emoji41]

Back