Blinded by the light!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Found on first use that one of my heated grips wasn't working. Popped it back to BMW Oxford to sort it and it turned out to be a connector had pulled loose when the bike was on full lock. They re-routed and reconnected so all is good again (under warranty too, yay!)

While it was in, I asked them to disable the turn signal auto-cancel (I prefer to cause my own accidents) and they must have reset everything back to standard while they were in the computer. As soon as I accelerated away from the garage the rev light came on and bloody hell it's bright! Thought I'd run through a speed camera at first before I realised what had happened...
Anyway, managed to find the settings for moving it back to 14k, instead of 7k, so that's good.

Also had to put pretty much everything back on the dash and have a question about the lean angle indicator. As it was on when I got the bike, I never looked to see what it was set at but is there any (road using) difference between Slow, Medium or Fast on the settings?

Its the update speed live.
Slow gives you a chance to look at you last corner lean angle when you're upright again...honestly though its not something to be looking at whilst riding.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Found on first use that one of my heated grips wasn't working. Popped it back to BMW Oxford to sort it and it turned out to be a connector had pulled loose when the bike was on full lock. They re-routed and reconnected so all is good again (under warranty too, yay!)

While it was in, I asked them to disable the turn signal auto-cancel (I prefer to cause my own accidents) and they must have reset everything back to standard while they were in the computer. As soon as I accelerated away from the garage the rev light came on and bloody hell it's bright! Thought I'd run through a speed camera at first before I realised what had happened...
Anyway, managed to find the settings for moving it back to 14k, instead of 7k, so that's good.

Also had to put pretty much everything back on the dash and have a question about the lean angle indicator. As it was on when I got the bike, I never looked to see what it was set at but is there any (road using) difference between Slow, Medium or Fast on the settings?
What a pain in the ass, it's murder tabbing thru each mode and having to reset everything....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back