M1000RR - debating whether to place a deposit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikeracer1098

Reaction score
Just received some info from 2 separate dealers on the M1000RR
Currently enquiring what is included in the Mperformance package for the additional ?4,100
Seems a fair chunk of extra money
Bike won?t be released until spring next year.
Final price may fluctuate due to uncertainties with Brexit etc
Debating whether to place a deposit or keep my 2020 Msport
For a bit less I could buy a new V4R
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
If you race often then get either MRR or V4R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On face value the MRR seems less 'special' than the V4R imo. The ohlins, brembo's etc look the part.

However I do think the changes to the MRR are going to amount to more than you can see on paper. I also think the power quoted will be real or minimum rather than fantasy as the red products are sometimes guilty of.

In short I think it comes down to preference for I4 vs V4 and the looks of the things.

Will the MRR be low volume or limited? 500 are *needed* for homologation but I've not read that its *limited*, has anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On face value the MRR seems less 'special' than the V4R imo. The ohlins, brembo's etc look the part.

However I do think the changes to the MRR are going to amount to more than you can see on paper. I also think the power quoted will be real or minimum rather than fantasy as the red products are sometimes guilty of.

In short I think it comes down to preference for I4 vs V4 and the looks of the things.

Will the MRR be low volume or limited? 500 are *needed* for homologation but I've not read that its *limited*, has anyone else?

People (well one guy from US forum) says Ohlins internals in V4R are average.

Nice dilemma to have MRR or V4R while HP4 Race getting warmed up in the background.

People (well one guy from US forum) says Ohlins internals in V4R are average.
I could see that being true. Keeps the external looks and feel whilst accepting someone serious will throw it away.

Another thing to also consider is which bike is easier or more forgiving to ride. Most reviews say the V4R is a bit of animal and very tiring on track. (If that is where you plan to use it)
Obviously the new MRR hasn't been reviewed yet but i would imagine it still has all the same characteristics of the standard RR in terms of being a very forgiving bike.

Another thing to also consider is which bike is easier or more forgiving to ride. Most reviews say the V4R is a bit of animal and very tiring on track. (If that is where you plan to use it)
Obviously the new MRR hasn't been reviewed yet but i would imagine it still has all the same characteristics of the standard RR in terms of being a very forgiving bike.

That's not true. Completely not true.

V4R is a joy to ride.

I'm only going by what I've read :)
I'd love to try one though, I quite enjoyed the V4 when i test rode that a few years back.

Back