Portimao onboard

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice footage, I appreciate it's just one lap not the storey of all but if I may, I'd recommend;
1. Sacrificing T3 Lagos for a wider run into T4, gains you speed from T4-T5.
2. Hitting that late apex at T8 Samsung so you don't go too wide on the left for the run to T9. T9 should be entered from the kerbing on the right.
3. Late apex for drive on T13 and T14.

Late apex's denoted by blue arrows. Apex = body over paint ;)

Portimao-Bike1-2008.36614d40a9b5c4073ab69b512393cdda.png

Last edited:
It all makes sense. Every hairpin (T3 / T12 most notable) were a problem for me as the bike doesnt want to turn. I did go down to 9.5/10 springs, that improve it a bit but not enough. I reckon I should have run 9/9.5.
T4 was the most difficult as being on a wrong line you can't really be full gas on negative camber left hander.

Could easily be 1.56 if stayed longer, beginning of next lap was already 0.4 faster.

Only 18 seconds to go till MotoGp times.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/results/945767/1/2020-portimao-motogp-test-times-thursday-session-2

Last edited:
It all makes sense. Every hairpin (T3 / T12 most notable) were a problem for me as the bike doesnt want to turn. I did go down to 9.5/10 springs, that improve it a bit but not enough. I reckon I should have run 9/9.5.

T4 was the most difficult as being on a wrong line you can't really be full gas on negative camber left hander.

Yeah you soon end up off the track on the exit of T4 with the wrong line/throttle timing.

Awesome track, maybe my favourite euro to date. I'd like to say no apexes were harmed in the making of that video but 8-10 secs inside my time says I shouldn't :hopelessness:

Awesome track, maybe my favourite euro to date. I'd like to say no apexes were harmed in the making of that video but 8-10 secs inside my time says I shouldn't :hopelessness:
Yeah just one more day and I would have harmed them

Well done BBB! I really enjoyed that video.

I have several observations - first you must have very large testicles! I love that track and I smiled at you getting massive top speed down and starting to decelerate on the main straight before the crest because you knew that sharp turn 1 was next but you couldn't yet see it!
You are either 1. able to afford renting the track just for yourself? Or 2. You snuck into the track when it was closed? As there was no one else on a bike in view...... - I'm sure you had a great time. I am very envious, well done to you.

Well done BBB! I really enjoyed that video.

I have several observations - first you must have very large testicles! I love that track and I smiled at you getting massive top speed down and starting to decelerate on the main straight before the crest because you knew that sharp turn 1 was next but you couldn't yet see it!
You are either 1. able to afford renting the track just for yourself? Or 2. You snuck into the track when it was closed? As there was no one else on a bike in view...... - I'm sure you had a great time. I am very envious, well done to you.
Thank you!

There is a white line on left side that can be used and turning marker and 250 sign is a braking point. If you do that right, you are sure your speed is right for the turn.

Regarding the empty track, it's all thanks to covid. It was so relaxed and enjoyable indeed.

Our golf trip next August is at Vilamoura which is only 45 minutes away from portimao ! ... hmmmmm. Could be a triple header for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'd like to try a Euro track day next year, never done it on a bike before. Nice work BBB :)

S1000RRFORUM Euro Trip?
Bahnstormers do a trip or 2 a year. They'd look after us if the forum wanted to swell their numbers. I gather they are a little more than the average trip but we could find out what they provide for that.

S1000RRFORUM Euro Trip?
Bahnstormers do a trip or 2 a year. They'd look after us if the forum wanted to swell their numbers. I gather they are a little more than the average trip but we could find out what they provide for that.

I'd be interested to learn more about this option :)

I've looked into it with them.
They mostly get on an FE event.
You'll pay a fair
bit more than booking direct with fe.
You get the option to unload and collect at bahnstormers, we all get a an allocated garage together, a bmw tech is on hand and i think a bbq is provided.
I cant remember exactly but i think it was a couple of hundred quid on top of the fe price.
I've already got too many booked next year already with this years cancellations. And with next year likely to be sketchy id be up for 2022

Last edited:
Back