Bike Software Version

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably don't update at the same time or something like that. Its probably an update they have to pull from head office.

I wonder if some of the number differences are soley that they are being installed on an m-sport vs a sport vs a std.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Got a response back from my dealer as I was concerned they had given me the wrong version for UK:

Hi J,

Everything is all ok and it is indeed the latest TFT software, please see below response from BMW UK Technical,

?The TFT version number does not relate to engine software. The bike has option 0736 (UK Spec) so the 'DNA' of the bike knows the market variant for local regulations.?

Many thanks

Jack
??????????????????????

So Alex, I suspect you?re right regards to dealer having to ?pull? the latest software from head office, and not every dealer probably does that. However, I don?t believe there?s model specific software versions.

What I have learnt is that the TFT software version sorts out any bugs that were causing some people random engine warnings but that is not related to the actual engine software version. That is something separate and would require a computer to be plugged in to access I guess.

Back