Bike Software Version

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Morning All,

Out of interest, what software version are you running now? There was a thread months ago on a similar topic, but I can't find it, so hope you don't mind me starting a new one.

My bike went in for some work couple of weeks ago, and while in there they did a software update, it is now on version: 022_005_041.

I was informed this version fixed some of the software bugs that caused random Engine Management warnings when in fact there were no issues with the bike at all and also smoothens out the cold start issues that some people experience. I didn't have any of these said issues with my bike, but just thought I'd mention for everyones info as some people in the past have complained of these issues on this forum.

Just had the latest version on mine bud. I will double check and let you know what it is in a moment. (Definitely helps with the cold start)

haha sorry mate. 001_119_170 I was told the bike had the latest update.

And I can say the cold start is better, it is never going to be amazing with the cats in and stock maps. But it doesn't cut out now when warming up. The random management lights, only ever got those on track days haha.

Thanks for getting back Gav, the version you have is the version I had before the update, so I'm wondering why I appear to have an even newer version! lol

Can anyone else confirm what version you have if you've had a recent update? Thanks.

I've been lied too haha! I will check again with the dealer :)

Thanks Gav, it's actually got me a bit worried that they may have put the wrong version on mine :(

I've just emailed my dealer to double check and will report back.

Mines on version 21.4.40 and has been since 28/5. It was on the one ending 170 before that but they updated it when I was having the Bluetooth issues.

Thanks Kev, so that seems better, if you were on 021_004_040 in May, then 022_005_041 for September seems like things moving in right direction.

Thanks Kev, so that seems better, if you were on 021_004_040 in May, then 022_005_041 for September seems like things moving in right direction.

That's not how I read Kev's reply??
I'd love to tell you what my version was, or is now, but it's still with the dealer .

That's not how I read Kev's reply??
I'd love to tell you what my version was, or is now, but it's still with the dealer .

Hi oldwobbler,

I read his reply that he was updated to 021_004_040 at the end of May, prior to that he was on 001_119_170. So my thinking is progression from 021 from May to 022 in September seems about right in terms of versioning.

I?m definitely on version 21.04.040 now and that was installed on 28/5/20.
The bike was delivered in March on the version ending with 170.

Hi oldwobbler,

I read his reply that he was updated to 021_004_040 at the end of May, prior to that he was on 001_119_170. So my thinking is progression from 021 from May to 022 in September seems about right in terms of versioning.
This is correct :)

I'm heading home from work shortly and will have a look in the garage...will report back Jas

600 Mile Service done Friday 9th October.

Bahnstormers - first running in service + de-restricted and now with the following software:
021_004_040

IMG_5281.jpeg

Well I'm baffled now. Are different dealers able to add different versions of software? I would have thought they would all get the same version from the same source at the same time?

They probably don't update at the same time or something like that. Its probably an update they have to pull from head office.

I wonder if some of the number differences are soley that they are being installed on an m-sport vs a sport vs a std.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back