GS 911 Help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Just picked up a GS 911. It's hooked up to my network just fine but my Android app can't "see" it, it's currently hardwired to my lappie, does the app only pick it up if it's connected to he bike and ign on ? ..

Any guidance would be great.

Cheers

i've never had much joy using through my phone,it willonly tell you things anywayfrom what i can tell,not actually perform any functions,i always use it through my laptop

i've never had much joy using through my phone,it willonly tell you things anywayfrom what i can tell,not actually perform any functions,i always use it through my laptop
Kind of coming round to that conclusion Scooby. I'll stick the lappie into the garage tomorrow and see how I go..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

yep,with that i always hard wire the GS911,the solo2dl on the other hand is awesome,open up rs3 on the laptop and it just connects and downloads everything,no messing with USB's

Hi Rob, got it hooked up last night, the software is really archaic..watching the videos.. I mean Windows 7 !.. you gotta be joking, thats a couple Gens up from DOS (if anyone on here is old enough to know what MS DOS) was... I wouldn't have been surprised if a command line popped up..remember that !

All said and done my bike was running intermittently like shit on Sunday, I hadn't been out on it in a while, I gave it a real handful of revs and it seemed to clear, plugged in the GS last night and it picked up two faults Lamda sensor (No longer valid), so cleared comments, cycled through various checks and done a scan..checked ABS pump.. all hard wired...great bit of kit.

While we're on the subject !
7ee8df3fdedfca0835f8256b3368d4b3.jpg

Hi Rob, got it hooked up last night, the software is really archaic..watching the videos.. I mean Windows 7 !.. you gotta be joking, thats a couple Gens up from DOS (if anyone on here is old enough to know what MS DOS) was... I wouldn't have been surprised if a command line popped up..remember that !

All said and done my bike was running intermittently like shit on Sunday, I hadn't been out on it in a while, I gave it a real handful of revs and it seemed to clear, plugged in the GS last night and it picked up two faults Lamda sensor (No longer valid), so cleared comments, cycled through various checks and done a scan..checked ABS pump.. all hard wired...great bit of kit.

Glad you got it sorted Stuart. GS911 is a nice tool. Don't knock Win 7 that's what I run on my 'garage laptop' - big improvement from MSDOS. :pride: I remember MSDOS - back to when you had one floppy disc with DOS and another disc with 'Wordperfect' in the second drive.

Win 7 was a stable O/S for sure...Wordperfect is still plenty used.

They should overhaul that interface for the GS and the comms for wi-fi connectivity tho.

Back