Helmet with good filed of view recommendations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KNIGHT

Reaction score
Need a new helmet looking for a wide deep field of view if theirs such a thing, I found my last helmet the padding above my eyes seemed to low and wider view would be handy for life savers. My ridding styles mainly cruising with the odd blip.
budget ?100 to ?600
Recommendations welcome

Shoei X-Spirit 3

But it sounds like you just need to visit a shop and try few models and few sizes.

yep, plenty of view with my X Spirit 3 too but also my Arai RX7's have good vision too. as said, you need to try on as some helmets suit head shape better than others.

I've worn X-spirit for the last 10 years. Absolutely love my Spirit 3 atm. My mate bought one on my glowing recommendation and bloody hates it!! You need to try them on.

Last edited:
Schuberth and Bell should be tried too.

Love my X-Spirit 3 (X14 in the USA). But its not the most plush inside.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think this is the biggest concern we all have when wanting to buy a lid...ie finding one that fits/looks good etc...

Just a little plug for sportsbikeshop.com but I've found their service impeccable for ordering kit. You basically 'order' your items and have them all delivered into store and then go in to try on at ur leisure...

Works so well I'm taking 3 mates who are all getting in to biking this Thursday to my local Reading shop - They've ordered 5ks worth of helmets gloves boots and jackets. So if you know your a medium to large then order both or one extra.....and its all with no obligation to buy as well....didn't get the hard sell once.

So if there is a shop near you well worth the travel.

Shoei always fit me the best in the past. I will try the X spirit 3 plenty of design choices bonus thanks Guys!
I will check out sportsbikeshop.com thanks Marc

SBS service is excellent, I've ordered loads of gear off them including casual wear..their T shirt range is superb.

On mail order its free SOR on any item, great when you don't live near a shop..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Something to bear in mind along with head shapes which also vary around the world, the aperture in a helmet will vary in position vertically depending on the type of bike it?s aimed at. Touring lids have a lower helmet aperture vertically speaking because those bikes have a very sat up riding position. Pure race lids are positioned higher so in the crouch position behind the screen you don?t get neck or pain between your shoulders trying to bend you neck to see clearly ahead. Mid range lids tend to be a compromise between the two. I?ve always been a massive Arai fan but they?ve fallen behind their competitors and my favourite is X-Lite carbon lids. I have a number of recent arai?s and the X-Lite beats them in every area including field of view. IMHO. J

Last edited:
Agree with BBB, X spirit 3 superb but you have to go to a shop and try on a lot of helmets - no such thing as a branded shaped head as they all fit differently. Take a trip to SBS or similar, forget brands and colours and buy what fits and works best for you.

Back