Trigger Pulled

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
Finallly, after months of indecision, I?ve pulled the trigger on a gen4 sport.

Having had (2 different) gen 3?s for 4 years now and having lusted after the gen 4 since it came out (ish), the team at AJ in Rotherham have finally persuaded me to part with my hard earned in exchange for a silver gen-4 sport with a few bits on. Need to wait for it to be built but delivery is expected to be close to the end of November.

I?ll be offering some nice bits from the gen3 for sale soon - details will be posted in the relevant forum section.

Glad to be joining the gen-4 family, but sad to be leaving the gen-3 team.

:D

Good choice Freudy, it's an excellent machine and a starting price of circa 15k is unbeatable for what you get, all niggles aside.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I decided that as my gen3 is 3 yrs old with 14k miles on, that the next service will be the biggie valve clearance / fork oil etc, with not a great deal of change out of a grand, plus the extended warranty is ~500/year, on top of which the gen4 will be worth more in 3 yrs than my gen3, that it makes sense to change it now. Basically the same thought process that I went through from changing a 2015->2017 gen3 a few years ago :) I'm sure I could argue it the other way as well ... (but we can ignore that bit).

Good thinking, I binned my Insured Warranty in April there... paid in circa 1500 and had little or nil return except the comfort of it being in place.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back