What spark plug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2evn

Reaction score
2012 gen 2 s1000rr, only use the bike for track use. What spark plugs am I best of getting, its a newish bike to me and doing my first service on it.

Hi,

Left field answer.... I've been running a set of Brisk racing plugs the past couple of years. I've been very impressed by them, literally instant start even when sat unloved for 6 months. Much smoother idle but any good Iridium plug would do the same.

If you do use Iridiums the manufacturer will spec a larger gap than std as they spark easier and with the std gap's you'll be slightly advancing the ignition. The bigger spark also helps burn the fuel better. No brainer for iridiums. Last a lot longer as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-BRISK-...S1000-LMAR9D-LMAR9D-J-R0465B-10-/162052909417

On the other side iv seen alot of brisk plug failures on the forums with s1000rrs

NGK seems to be plug of choice unless you run nos/turbo in large amounts

FWIW - Iridiums should never be 'gapped' they should be specced with the correct gap "-11" = a 1.1mm gap. If you gap an iridium you risk damaging it, its way more fragile than a copper core.

FWIW - Iridiums should never be 'gapped' they should be specced with the correct gap "-11" = a 1.1mm gap. If you gap an iridium you risk damaging it, its way more fragile than a copper core.

???? I was assuming people are using to proper adjustment tool. :) The gap, heat range aren?t set. It depends on tune, fuel, elevation etc. 1.1mm on my Ducati would be miles out. i.e you're never touching the central electrode.....

Attachments

• IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3028.JPG
    IMG_3028.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
They are too easy to damage without good kit. You can usually order -8 (.8) -9 etc etc and the right heat range.
But this is all way off topic.

Thanks for the reply guys, an interesting read. I assume they are pretty easy to change? Remove the tank, remove the airbag and il find them?

coil sticks can be hard ro remove esp. 1+4,be varefull not to break the plastic connector on the coil stick plug after you've removed the plug.gentle pulling+twisting should see it off

Back