Full system hunting....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly1976

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a full system in the next few weeks, either Arrow or Akra.

To save me some time Googling, has anyone bought either recently? If so where from, and does anyone know of any deals about?

Cheers

Gilly

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a full system in the next few weeks, either Arrow or Akra.

To save me some time Googling, has anyone bought either recently? If so where from, and does anyone know of any deals about?

Cheers

Gilly
Calsport

Sorry for hijacking the thread! (It is related) Does anyone know what the Akrapovic full system (Evolution line) DB level is with the baffle in? States 108DB on their site, i assume that is baffle out.

Baffle

Does anyone know what the Akrapovic full system (Evolution line) DB level is with the baffle in?

Mine measured 101dB (static noise test at 5,500 rpm) with the baffle in at a recent MSV trackday.

Sorted now.

Having a Full Akra system, and booked in for a custom map @ PCR.

Thanks for the steer.

Sorry if this has been asked before but will fitting a full system invalidate the warranty

From previous thread posts, it?s clear that some dealers are fully pulling the warranty for a full system (think some people have even said this for end cans). My dealer?s relaxed, fine with a can but limited engine warranty for full system / remap. Suggest you speak to your dealer, and since Akra are a dealer supplied option I can?t see why some of them seem to be making such a fuss over the issue.

^^ This is what annoys me.
It should be nothing to do with individual dealers but a BMW manufacturer stand point. It shouldn't be a grey area at all, but dealers make it so.

^^ This is what annoys me.
It should be nothing to do with individual dealers but a BMW manufacturer stand point. It shouldn't be a grey area at all, but dealers make it so.

Agreed. Manufacturer should gives the rules, dealers should follow then everyone knows where they stand.

From previous thread posts, it?s clear that some dealers are fully pulling the warranty for a full system (think some people have even said this for end cans). My dealer?s relaxed, fine with a can but limited engine warranty for full system / remap. Suggest you speak to your dealer, and since Akra are a dealer supplied option I can?t see why some of them seem to be making such a fuss over the issue.

Cheers Rammy Ill give Pidcocks a call in the week and let everyone what they say.

Noise Testing

Cheers mate. So should pass most UK tracks.

Just make sure the bike is warmed up before noise testing. The Gen 4, with Akrapovic Evolution system, is noisy on a cold start-up and then settles when warm. If on a UK trackday I would leave the baffle fitted to help avoid triggering the drive-by noise meters as the system is quite loud.

Noise

I've done a couple of days at oulton and donny without and baffle and had no issues

That?s good to know. I was surprised at just how loud it was. That said I have a WSBK/BSB Kit system fitted to mine and was running the shorter exhaust and not the longer one.

I've done a couple of days at oulton and donny without and baffle and had no issues

Considering the Oulton drive-by is 89db and thinking about the bikes I've seen / heard running there without issue, I think the mic must be in the cafe toilets...............:unconscious:

Back