ride height, swingarm pivot adjustments?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's complicated.

For starters you need this

ffd2254aa1a3fdd6b5dca683622d0e80.jpg

Last edited:
Manual explains how to change this.
There are pre set measurements so you could just change rear ride height up or down and see by yourself how more or less pointy the bike becomes.

But you could also influence that a lot with preload and compression settings provided bike is new and you can go harder in a big range but that would be for a more racy or sport setting conversely against comfort.

About pivot too, there are 2 pre set measurements to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manual explains how to change this.
There are pre set measurements so you could just change rear ride height up or down and see by yourself how more or less pointy the bike becomes.

But you could also influence that a lot with preload and compression settings provided bike is new and you can go harder in a big range but that would be for a more racy or sport setting conversely against comfort.

About pivot too, there are 2 pre set measurements to play with.

hello, thank you. im only after lowering the seat on my missis bike. not really after altering anything else really. i know i can lower a mm with the ride height adjuster and will cut out seat but just wondered if anyone had tried lowering with the swing arm too. ive asked Cotswold bmw to look into it before she picks the new bike up.

cheers

hello, thank you. im only after lowering the seat on my missis bike. not really after altering anything else really. i know i can lower a mm with the ride height adjuster and will cut out seat but just wondered if anyone had tried lowering with the swing arm too. ive asked Cotswold bmw to look into it before she picks the new bike up.

cheers

1 mm she would notice so I would do that regardless. Pivot won?t do much.
Else well you will have to consider changing the linkage or spring.

How tall is she? I've used Daytona boots in the past as they give a 6cm uplift when struggling with bike height. They're not cheap but are great quality, waterproof (even after crashing :) ) and pretty comfortable. Might save messing with geometry/comfort?

Back