Ohlins recommendations.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamsp1

Reaction score
Hi all, I?m in the slow process of changing a 2017 model into a track/race bike. I?ve purchased a ohlins ttx shock and looking for recommendations and or experienced of ohlins fork internals, either nix, TTX or new road and track forks to replace the ddc. I will get Darren at MCT to fit and tune them. What shall I get?

I have nix30 + ttx.

Seems to all work well enough but I am going ktech/mupo next time.

Had mine fitted and setup by hm racing.

I'm not good enough to really know if the passive suspenders are any better for me than the ddc but the Ohlins gear was offered to me at a price point that made them easy to justify.

I can recommend not to dick around with it once setup. I suspect I have been running it far too hard...and am edging back to Perry's original settings :)

- Alex

Hi Alex, you don?t seem blown away by the ohlins? What is the thinking behind the ktech/mupo mix, the lad I sponsored didn?t rate the ktech Much as the adjustment parameters just seemed so large, it was easy to get lost.

Ohlins combo with TTX GP rear and Ohlins cartridge (NIX) front work very well for me.

Problem is Adam that I have nothing to compare to, so I wonder what others are like. I don't have any issues per say but I do think the rear traction could be better (tends to patter a bit). I think the DDS PRO is what I would have given the choice.
Next bike is going to need all new gear so i'll go for best vfm after I've give the DDC a go.

Were you using the IDS or DDS forks?

DDS fork internals on the superstock bike, Darren at MCT rated them but said you?d need a ktech technician to get the best out of them for different track scenarios, where the ohlins for normal riders could operate with five clicks here or there, being a tart, I like the look of the black road and track forks cos they look nice!

In order to operate any suspension you need a datalogger and sensors.

What Ohlins/Ktech/Mupo gives you is wide range of adjustments and ability to change springs. NIX vs FKR have design differences but if you are not within 10seconds of BSB pace, it won't make any difference.

if we want to uncover the can of worms, looking at suspension alone without geometry of the bike is a waste of time.

Having forks at 0mm offset to the top clamp vs 6mm is a huge difference to how front springs work. Obviously its linked to rear shock length and shock linkage.

ps.

Ideally you want to have datalogger/sensors fitted, pay to hire Darren at every track you go to figure out setup and document it.

Last edited:
In order to operate any suspension you need a datalogger and sensors.

What Ohlins/Ktech/Mupo gives you is wide range of adjustments and ability to change springs. NIX vs FKR have design differences but if you are not within 10seconds of BSB pace, it won't make any difference.

if we want to uncover the can of worms, looking at suspension alone without geometry of the bike is a waste of time.

Having forks at 0mm offset to the top clamp vs 6mm is a huge difference to how front springs work. Obviously its linked to rear shock length and shock linkage.

ps.

Ideally you want to have datalogger/sensors fitted, pay to hire Darren at every track you go to figure out setup and document it.

That is the ideal situation. I have AIM datalogging with potentiometers and the amount of info is impressive. You can save more rubber and it can help you become a better rider by understanding what you are doing in every corner of the track.

Back