Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension and brake lever feel questions for HP4

Re: Suspension and brake lever feel questions for HP4

You need the potentiometer for the DDC to be of any worth, however, I still do not rate electronics yet. Trying to work with a DDC bike that has no potentiometer up front is a pain because you can not seperate the damping functions.

Quote Originally Posted by SSR Suspension View Post
    You need the potentiometer for the DDC to be of any worth, however, I still do not rate electronics yet. Trying to work with a DDC bike that has no potentiometer up front is a pain because you can not seperate the damping functions.
    I found the front ok with lighter springs, a bigger air gap and the 2D pot..........the rear was my biggest issue.

I could list a host of issues why you should bin the DDC, the shock is worth throwing in the bin but not everybody has the funds to uprate.

I could list a host of issues why you should bin the DDC, the shock is worth throwing in the bin but not everybody has the funds to uprate.

i have no doubt with your knowledge and back ground you can,my opinion comes from my hands on personal experience of it riding it for over 2 years.no issues for me,once set up,and certainly wasn't a factor in holding my talents back, theres plenty other things to choose from there

I know - that's why I got you to replace mine last month................

Riding
    HP4

What's the ball park figure if I were to
    1 have the funds and
    2a the ability to outride the DDC or
    2b I want others to think I'm faster than I am

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mellorp23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mellorp23 View Post
    1 have the funds and
    2a the ability to outride the DDC or
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellorp23 View Post

about £15 off ebay

scuffed elbow sliders....

Lol, its not about outriding the DDC, it just the damping that does not work well because of the design and how they control the flow of fluid in the dampers, but I would like to think that with the redesign of the damping in the new DDC system that the damping will be superior to the older gen's as they now use conventional pistons and shims which means they can be revalved properly and should provide a plusher ride vs the older DDC which you can not revalve. Your ideal damping rates will be very relative to the spring rates fitted to the bike, something you can not really achieve with the older DDC.

No bike is inheritantly unrideable, ever. Simple Mods to the fork do work to give more compliance with the older Gen's, some riders will outride the DDC, other won't and some of that comes down to how sensitive the rider is to input because we are all different. The stock damping range on DDC equipment is very narrow.

EG: No rider can feel a difference in 1-2 clicks of damping especially with stock kit because reality the difference in damping force is negligable, yet the placebo effect is huge so they may feel they can! With aftermarket kit a pro level rider who is sensitive will feel a difference in maybe 3-4 clicks. The placebo effect of having somebody even do a basic setup with minimal changes is huge regardless of skill level.

People should ride whatever they are happy with, so long as the bike gives you the confidence to do what you want it to do as and when you need it to do it.

Riding
    2020 M; 2013 NC700

EG: No rider can feel a difference in 1-2 clicks of damping especially with stock kit because reality the difference in damping force is negligable, yet the placebo effect is huge so they may feel they can! With aftermarket kit a pro level rider who is sensitive will feel a difference in maybe 3-4 clicks. The placebo effect of having somebody even do a basic setup with minimal changes is huge regardless of skill level.
    Have you seen Dave Moss' recent video on the F3 review? 1/4 turn made a lot of difference on the rebound which surprised me. Thought it would take a lot more adjustment to make any noticeable change