Euro track day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2evn

Reaction score
Anyone in the group done a euro track event?

Me and a mate have just booked portamo in May next year. Be my first euro trip, but definitely not my last. Anyone else on here done one, I assume there are a few of you. Whats tips and advice can you give us, so we are fully prepared and can make the most out of it.

Thanks

Anyone in the group done a euro track event?

Me and a mate have just booked portamo in May next year. Be my first euro trip, but definitely not my last. Anyone else on here done one, I assume there are a few of you. Whats tips and advice can you give us, so we are fully prepared and can make the most out of it.

Thanks
Which trip, i am there May 8-10.
Lots on hear do them, what do you need to know?

- Alex

I've done a few.

If it's your first event, just make sure you take necessary stuff: tires, warmers, helmet fan, basic tools required to remove wheels and a chair to sit.

FE and NL both provide fuel cans, you just need to take a small 5l jug.

I was there two weeks ago! New surface is *very* abrasive - it might be better by May but I'd consider taking an extra set of tyres.

Would I need to get certain parts of the bike lock wired? As in is it a must, or just considered a good idea to do? Would we have to pay more for a garage space? What type of plug would I need for my tyre warmers to plug in?

We arrive on the Friday but the first day out on track is a Saturday, would we have to go the circuit on the Friday to unload the bikes etc, or just be there early on the Saturday?

Iv booked myself in novice, along with my friend. He is very new to track days so its def the correct group for him, but my last 2 track days I have gone up to middle group, and quite confidently keeping up with the faster guys in the group. Just lacking a bit of self confidence I suppose, would I be able to move up to inters if they had enough space, and they could see I could run similar lap times safe? I prefer going with faster guys as it helps me improve, but on the other hand I don't want to leave my mate by himself.

Thanks.

Euro's are usually faster and more competent. I can run in the lower end of fast at most UK track days...but on Euro trips I have to really fight to be in the middle...they all run transponders afaik and move you to the right group eventually.

I take these 2 and a UK 3pin to Euro adapter...most bases covered as each track can be different.
https://www.industrialextensionlead...-plug-to-4-way-13a-socket-adaptor-10526-p.asp
https://www.industrialextensionlead...y-duty-13amp-black-extension-lead-10317-p.asp

Last edited:
Would I need to get certain parts of the bike lock wired? As in is it a must, or just considered a good idea to do? Would we have to pay more for a garage space? What type of plug would I need for my tyre warmers to plug in?

We arrive on the Friday but the first day out on track is a Saturday, would we have to go the circuit on the Friday to unload the bikes etc, or just be there early on the Saturday?

Iv booked myself in novice, along with my friend. He is very new to track days so its def the correct group for him, but my last 2 track days I have gone up to middle group, and quite confidently keeping up with the faster guys in the group. Just lacking a bit of self confidence I suppose, would I be able to move up to inters if they had enough space, and they could see I could run similar lap times safe? I prefer going with faster guys as it helps me improve, but on the other hand I don't want to leave my mate by himself.

Thanks.
Portimao is on transponder, so they will move you.

Lockwire is not a must, but considered a good idea as you don't want to ruin someone's else day.

Garage space is usually included in the price, with exception of Spa.

Back