L74 Quick release

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

towers040

Reaction score
So here?s a few pics of my newly fitted L74 quick release and underslung clamper mount

9f9bb9fec0b477ee987facc4171af6f8.jpg

7a8685490ceee646cb2ef77610ba51d9.jpg

Hopefully my 3D printed trial mount will be ready this week for adding a different aftermarket caliper

b4c8e27c450454eac443234685421819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool stuff, so is that the OEM brake currrently? Which are you going to fit? And do you know if it will brake the 'same' as the OEM one?

Yeah currently using the OEM caliper with the l74 caliper mount but the newly designed mount will work with brembo or Hel rear caliper and work the same as OEM

That looks great, see the Stahlbus is at the bottom Towers, how does that go for bleeding, does that solve the nipple at the bottom of the Caliper problem ?.. and the 3D Mount I presume it's strong enough to cope with the relevant forces, I've never paid that much attention to them, the mount looks as though its been machined.... unreal !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That looks great, see the Stahlbus is at the bottom Towers, how does that go for bleeding, does that solve the nipple at the bottom of the Caliper problem ?.. and the 3D Mount I presume it's strong enough to cope with the relevant forces, I've never paid that much attention to them, the mount looks as though its been machined.... unreal !

Nahh i still had issues bleeding it up so took it off hung at highest point and bleeded up in seconds

3d Printed version is to check clearance and if any tweeks needed before having it machined from aluminium and then fit a brembo HPK caliper

Thank you, I would really welcome that. I will pm my mobile number. Disappointingly I should be in Donington today and the week end for BSB, however WSB & BSB both on TV, BT & Eurosport

3d Printed version is to check clearance and if any tweeks needed before having it machined from aluminium and then fit a brembo HPK caliper
Aw rite, I thought you printed it off then fitted it to the bike lol.. I'm a bit of a dumbass on that one.. so a mock up to see if it fits, pretty smart mate..

Last edited:
Back