Hello from Lahore, Pakistan

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzakariya

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm guessing there won't be many members from this neck of the woods. :)
Recently bought an HP4 (#0412) and just wanted to part of a forum where I can ask questions from experts and people who've been there, done that.
BMW ownership is especially difficult here since there are no dealerships and you have to rely on local (often extremely poor) mechanics who have no idea what they're doing. Hence, knowledge on the part of the owner really helps.

Hope to be semi-active, at least.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your HP4!

What is your motorcycling history and what sort of riding do you enjoy?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Thanks.
I am embarrassed to say not much of a riding history.
Used to ride motorcycles back in the day. Mostly small, 70cc and 125cc Hondas and 100cc Yamahas, which are very common in the sub-continent. Underpowered, but fun.
Also spent a bit of time on a 250cc Yamaha trail and a 500cc Police Gixxer. (A friend was a cop and hated the riding position, so I did the riding :))

And I know that going up straight to a litre bike is stupid, but I just went for it against all advice. Now having riden about 1,500km or so on the HP4, I'm glad I did.
At 47, I am not really gung-ho anymore, don't feel like everyone passing me is a challenge to my manhood and can drive/ride fast or slow according to the conditions and my own will.

And I know that going up straight to a litre bike is stupid, but I just went for it against all advice. Now having riden about 1,500km or so on the HP4, I'm glad I did.
At 47, I am not really gung-ho anymore, don't feel like everyone passing me is a challenge to my manhood and can drive/ride fast or slow according to the conditions and my own will.

Only goes as fast as you want, just enjoy it.

Welcome aboard from Scotland...

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks.
I am embarrassed to say not much of a riding history.

Who needs a more comprehensive riding history than the one you already have when you have such a positive attitude?

I woke up when I was 45, ached for a little danger in my life went and bought a litre bike and did much same as yourself and did loads of on-road bike training. Unlike yourself I wasn't far away from experts at dealerships to help me until I realised that with a little bit of courage, an investment in some additional tools, I could achieve all of what they did by asking the right questions on a similar forum, sifting through the responses and paying attention to those who knew how to help me and ignore those who thought they could help me. My first dealership bill for my Triumph Daytona was ?750 (approx $955 USD) for a bike which was worth ?3,000 and they told me my ECU was broken and needed replacing. I sourced a used replacement ECU, re-flashed the software myself with the correct map and settings (thanks TuneECU) and got change out of $50.... plus tools and several hours of sweat and toil.

So hats off to you, and Welcome to this forum!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Have fun exploring and searching for historical posts...feel free to post away any questions you may have and most of all have fun and ride safe

Back