Bike On Paddock Stands Over Winter?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOCKE

Reaction score
Looking to leave the bike over winter (6 months) on front and rear paddock stands. Is this totally safe? They are Harris stands so decent make. Normally leave it on my ABBA stand but need to use the paddock stands this time.

Shame to park up over winter, we do get some nice riding days, you'll also need to do some riding to take your mind off COVID!!

Don't forget to charge your battery at least weekly as well during the colder months. I share an optimate with several bikes in the garage and just keep moving it from one bike to another for 48 hours at a time. It draws next to no power when the battery is charged and keeps it all in tip top condition. If you have just the one bike, just leave the optimiser connected throughout the winter. My batteries last for years and I learned this trick after losing batteries myself because I didn't keep them charged during the winter months.

Don't forget to charge your battery at least weekly as well during the colder months. I share an optimate with several bikes in the garage and just keep moving it from one bike to another for 48 hours at a time. It draws next to no power when the battery is charged and keeps it all in tip top condition. If you have just the one bike, just leave the optimiser connected throughout the winter. My batteries last for years and I learned this trick after losing batteries myself because I didn't keep them charged during the winter months.

Yeah mate do this every year. I have a CTEK charger.

Shame to park up over winter, we do get some nice riding days, you'll also need to do some riding to take your mind off COVID!!

I`m up in Scotland. Normally raining in the summer never mind what winter brings!

As already said perfectly ok to leave on paddock stands. I've done it every winter and have it on trickle charge on a timer , about 2 hours 3 times a week and always starts first time.

Seriously a new battery is like 50 these days, you don't even need to care about the charger

I`m up in Scotland. Normally raining in the summer never mind what winter brings!

Don't say that haha, i was supposed to go on a tour 2 weeks ago but had to rebook as i had to self isolate, ive booked now for 21st october. My mate who goes up there a lot says October can be a surprise at times so im hoping ill get that surprise weather haha

Don't say that haha, i was supposed to go on a tour 2 weeks ago but had to rebook as i had to self isolate, ive booked now for 21st october. My mate who goes up there a lot says October can be a surprise at times so im hoping ill get that surprise weather haha

aye good luck wae that, am lookin fur Mibbie one or two more decent days before she is tuckin in tae her blanket fur the winter.

Daz

As this is a 'parking bike in garage' theme, I'd welcome recommendations as to bike cover to use? I'm taking mine back to dealer again on 17th Oct for a protective sheath to be added to the loom - anyone else had this? Mines a 2019 Gen 4. They're also relooking at fork seals as already replaced once and one side has the black rings! I think post the above I'll be parking mine in the garage for winter so cover knowledge is welcomed? Thanks

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

As this is a 'parking bike in garage' theme, I'd welcome recommendations as to bike cover to use? I'm taking mine back to dealer again on 17th Oct for a protective sheath to be added to the loom - anyone else had this? Mines a 2019 Gen 4. They're also relooking at fork seals as already replaced once and one side has the black rings! I think post the above I'll be parking mine in the garage for winter so cover knowledge is welcomed? Thanks

mines at dealer having the recall done for the wiring loom so it doesn?t rub... I used an alpha indoor cover for the garage and will probably add a duvet over the top to keep it warm lol

I cover mine in acf 50 then put her in a vac bag which is basically a plastic cover some dry sorb bags you tie wrap it and suck all the air out of it with a hoover.No moisture no rust I also fill the tank up put some additive in run it on tickover to get it through the injectors it stops the fuel clogging up.Last thing I remove the battery and keep it indoors with a trickle charge every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back